• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military to civilian wiring simple solution

georgesz

I recently acquired two M1102 trailers and found various links on how to make a 4 pin flat connector with a NATO 12 pin female plug. I found a much simpler solution and thought it would be worth sharing. I bought a 4 pin male connector from the auto parts store for $5 and a molex .093" pin kit (part # 1619PRT) and soldered the female pins to the wires on the flat connector wires. The 4 pin flat wiring diagram is:

Brown (all marker/trail/running lights when car headlights are on) = E
Green (right turn) = J
Yellow (left turn) = B
White (ground) = D

As others have mentioned, the turn signals are not bright on a 12 volt connection, but they work.

This is not a heavy duty solution but the connectors are fairly secure if you zip tie both sides of the connection or find some other method to keep the 4 pin wiring harness close to the NATO plug. Total cost was less than $8.

I am attaching a couple of pictures.

Attachments

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And for bright bulbs - just swap in some 12v ones. Only takes a couple of minutes with a screwdriver.

Cheers

Ratch

Maybe doing that, and pouring some epoxy in the connector would be good for wire stability/security. But at that point, it's probably worth converting the wiring.

I think I'd use your technique on a pick-up from a GL lot, though. Good idea.

nchittendon

For a quick recovery option this is good info to have. If I were doing it more than once, I would want the insurance of a female plug and make an official jumper harness.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks