• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military trimble navigation trimpack unit

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I tried 8ea. different GPS antennas with the Trimble and only the Trimble ant. worked:twisted:

Wile E. Coyote

Wil e coyote, do you happen to know the part number for what attaches to the dash plate to support the trimble mount itself, if not could you root out a pic so i could fab one myself? That would be great[thumbzup]
No help here, I'm afraid. I had to do mine 'home-made' as well. Every one of those things I've ever seen terminates exactly like the one in 86HUMV's pic, and leaves you having to fabricate something to mount to the CUCV bracket, then bolt the SLGR bracket to it. Lots of bending and measuring and cutting. And beer. And maybe more beer.

Wile E. Coyote

I tried 8ea. different GPS antennas with the Trimble and only the Trimble ant. worked:twisted:
Yeah, Brooke over at prc68.com did extensive testing (I've done a bunch too), and according to Brooke the Trimpack family needs a whopping 41db gain through the antenna, and the average Garmin etc. small ones (in addition to the RA-2 and AT-575s etc.) come in around 20. Some will also generate fault codes when hooked up to the SLGR/ Trimpack as well for a number of reasons.

I know my own units are completely deaf and wouldn't lock on to a sat if they were in orbit with the thing unless they have the correct antenna hooked up. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks