• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Vehicle Show & Campout Ft. Worden WA Aug 29,30,31 Sept 1,2,3,4,5,6 2016

Military vehicle show & campout ft worden aug29,30,31sept1,2,3,4,5,6,2016

Its that time a year again. This will be are 6th year of having this event. It is held at Ft Worden State Park in Port Townsend,Washington State. Actual event open to public will be frid, sat, sun, mon. All military vehicles are welcome. Only military vehicles and displays are allowed to camp in the park on Artillery Hill . There will be transportation for the public in the form of deuce's, jeeps, and Humvees up and down hill, its about a mile walk all up hill. There is a Military Museum. There will be a dance with the Civil War Group, and the best part of the event is you can drive your vehicle all over the park. All military type displays are welcome (weapons, uniforms, equipment, tents, ext). If you are camping in a tent that is civilian it MUST BE COVERED WITH CAMOUFLAGE no exceptions. There is a $20 fee per family, to pay for porta potties. We have raffles and really good prizes. Did I mention the 15 foot bonfire every night. Bring your airsoft gear for realistic recon missions though out the event.NO AIRSOFT EVENT OR SHOOTTING OF AIRSOFT WEAPONS just bring your gear and weapons for re-enacting. We encourage uniforms. Drinking is ok. Dogs on leashes. Town is a few miles away and there is grocery stores, gas and shopping. Fantastic views from the 400 foot cliffs out over Puget Sound. Lots and lots of underground bunkers to explore, bring flash lights and coats kind of cold down there. Free water, hot dogs, and cookies. There is free parking for your civy vehicles and car trailers. There is cell service. There are park rangers (police). Always plan for rain just in case. There will be military tents set up for people that don't have a place or vehicle to stay in, if you don't have anything military please come anyway and bring your sleeping bag. There is music. If you are coming early from mon to thurs those are the work party days if you can help out that would be great if not that's ok to, strictly volunteer. The work party pays for the permit that saves about a $1000. If you are transporting the public around in your truck I would hope you have insurance. There are showers. There will be a tank there again ( English, Abbott ). All types of weapons are welcome NO LIVE AMMUNITION. If there are any questions or you need directions please call 253-961-3434 or leave a message on this site and I will return soon.

Attachments

Last edited:

JH1

Hi,
Just wandered by. Looking forward to it again. I might talk a friend from Delaware into coming out at that time. They don't have anything like this back there. No parades, no military shows, at least not in the part of Delaware he's in. He's looking forward to seeing one of the events out here sometime. We'll be stopping over in Anacortes for the night on the way there and taking the ferry across to Pt. Townsend again. See you then.
Jim

just got back from Arlington air show there was a nice turnout of military trucks and met a lot of new people there as well hope to see some new faces at ft worden this year coming up soon

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks