• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military wrecker discussion

madsam

Boom Jacks... Ok I get it. I agree, you can't move once set up. But that is only if you have a load over like 10,000 lbs.

ArmyGuRu

I use to operate a M816 when i was in the Army, but im going by memory on this.

The 2 adjustable "screw out" legs on either side of the vehicle are called the outriggers, it stablizes the vehicle when you are lifting a load from the side, since the crane rotates.

The boomjacks or "A Frame" are 2 long adjustable rods about 4 to 5 inches in dia. and can be adjuusted to about 15 feet tall, they hook on either side of the boom, and have flat metal plates similar to the outriger pads that sit on the ground, for very heavy lifting.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Crash_AF said:
I think you two are getting a little confused on terminology. I believe that one of you is referring to the outriggers, and the other is referring to the boom jacks. The boom definitely cannot turn with the boom jacks in place and a load on the hook.

Later,
Joe
Yes, I was referring to the boom jacks. I guess I had my terminology wrong :oops: .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks