• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mini GA rally?

Should we consider a mini GA rally?

• Yes

Votes: 41 80.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Other - Please explain in a post.

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao anti Govt retards thats funny

Spring is best but should stay away from Aberdeen and NJ Rally dates. March or early April would be best.

Both locations have pluses and minuses.

Having it near CSI is good for the reason mentioned if someone breaks something. It also is a mudder event not that I would mud my vehicles.

Having it at the fair grounds should actually be held while another event IS going on as long as we control ourselves somewhat. The NJ Show had a wedding and a multi-day horse show. This brought others over to view our vehicles. The positive to this is, it helps grow the hobby or at least let people know we're not a bunch of anti gov retards.

Carnac that was a good chuckle for me sir im all for growing the hobby as it should be a pandemic :] OD diease should be spread as fast and as much as we can ;]

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im all for a rally would love to eventually attend one and be able to meet a few of you fine folks on Steel Soldiers But 512 miles which is an 8 Hour and 45 min drive in a stock m1008 Thats just 1 step away from abuse lol Sorry yall i have to say thats not feasible for me at this Time i wish the best of luck to all involved :mrgreen:
Regardless of which rally, you owe it to yourself to attend one. MV's are not required. Heck, drive this; 1987 Chevy Custom Deluxe swb TBI V6 ( Now TBI 5.7 V8 Daily Driver) Just being there is important. FYI, it's 600 for me each way.

Last edited:

rbeasley66

Regardless of which rally, you owe it to yourself to attend one. Just being there is important. FYI, it's 600 for me each way.
Very true, 975 miles to Haspin and worth every mile!

Kenny, drive your cutv to Laleland and we can goose neck the rest of the way. Is that considered car pooling? :driver:

Capt.Marion

I will say the appeal of a summer rally is that it doesn't interfere with school, unlike the GA Rally, LA Rally, or just about any of the other rallies.

joeM62

Well this is over dew thank you for posting this patracy but you left out one thing out that alot of guys
Don't know there is a VFW close to that place that has multiple military vehicle displays. I would lend a hand I have already had the ok with CSI about bringing members down there.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was wondering my self! We are wanting to do more than just one rally a year but most are too far for us to drive at this time! Hoping for a usable date!!!

P.S.>>> Cant wait for Zout's in April! My Birthdays also in April so its like doubling up in April as far as parties!...:doghead:

Rmtaunton

Hmmm I have about 1100 acres in valley Alabama at my camp house full of loging roads , a lake fields to camp and a camp house . It's only about 80 miles from atlanta airport , I would love to host if people get interested

Robert

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I wouldn't tell someone not to do something (it's none of my business) but the following things should be considered:

• The Ga. Rally is in October
  • Aberdeen is in May
  • The MVPA National Conventions are typically in June
  • Haspin is typically in May-June (I think).
  • Florida Rally is.... February?

Plus, all the other events put on by various individuals, clubs, groups, etc.

There is a practical limit to how many events people can attend. The time, the cost (fuel/food/lodging/etc.) and the general difficulties of making them (preparing equipment, getting time off from work, putting off household responsibilities, etc.) are major obstacles. I know at this point in my life, I have so many things pulling on me that I will probably only get to go to 2 events this year (SSGR & the MVPA National Convention). So if somebody put on something good, even if it were nearby, I couldn't make it (I couldn't even make it to Zout's cookout because I was behind the 8-ball on two different customers trucks).

My personal feeling is that I don't want to see a different event every single weekend that gets 10 trucks. I want 1 or 2 events a year that get 75-100 trucks. I'ts not worth it to me to drive 300 miles to see 10 trucks. Like I said, it's not my place to tell people not to put on events, but I think people should ask themselves, how many events can the hobby support? Because at some point, you're going to start pulling attendees away from some events to support others and eventually you'll end up with 50 events with 5 trucks versus one or two major events with 100+ vehicles.

This is why we have not put on any sort of "mini rally"-we're already less than 3 months away from the Ga. Rally and it feels like we barely finished the last one. We don't want to diminish a world class, national size event and have attendees begin gravitating towards other events.

poppop

From my antique tractor experience in parades I agree with what Clint says as we could go to an event at least twice a month and it gets to be work. But I also think if someone wants to go to the trouble to host an event that would be great. Certainly not something as big as the Ga Rally, but I can see where a small group of people could have a blast if they did not have to drive far to get there. We have so many members now I can see where a good group could get together and drive less than a hundred miles. Zout's cookout is a good example.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lilburn (ZOUT's) is about 200 miles one way for me, GA Rally site is about 125, Louisville MVPA Convention was 525, VA Rally is 425, and so it goes. An MV in the summertime - max of 150 miles one way. Riceburner, 500-550 one way travel max even with air conditioning. Further than that and I'll fly (as a passenger).

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hmmm I have about 1100 acres in valley Alabama at my camp house full of loging roads , a lake fields to camp and a camp house . It's only about 80 miles from atlanta airport , I would love to host if people get interested

Robert
That'd be interesting. Maybe a one/two day affair at most though.

Rmtaunton

Come down anytime to check it out , just bring the liberty if you want I always have a jeep and 4 wheelers there and I usually drive my deuce down if any body ever wants to go for a weekend just get in touch

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Between Rallys, parades, displays and other functions I'm sorta tapped out already.
I would love to attend one of the rallys in FL and return to the LA Rally but time and circumstances just won't allow it.

Of course I would try to attend a GA Mini-Rally if one came up but chances might be slim on making it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks