• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MK 48 LVS Manuals

ACBMWM#

I have had several people PM wondering if I have the service and parts manuals for the MK.48 LVS. Well the answer simply is no. I have tried for several months to get in contact with Oshkosh and finally received a response from them regarding the manuals.

If anyone does have the manuals for this, I would be in great debt to you. I would like to finally get this truck finished :-|
"
I was forwarded your email request for manuals for the LVS MK48. Unfortunately, we are unable to release the requested documents per the following Government contract restriction.
THIS PUBLICATION IS REQUIRED FOR OFFICIAL USE OR FOR ADMINISTRATIVE OR OPERATIONAL PURPOSES
DISTRIBUTION IS LIMITED TO US GOVERNMENT AGENCIES ONLY OTHER REQUESTS FOR THIS DOCUMENT
MUST BE REFERRED TO COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS (ARD), WASHINGTON, D. C. 20380-0001.
FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY
Perhaps you might want to try to contact the Commandant of the Marine Corps to help with your request.
Thank you!

--
Deb Selwitschka
Administrative Assistant
Logistics Support Services
Oshkosh Corporation - Defense
Although this e-mail and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect which might affect any computer system, it is the responsibility of the recipient to check that it is virus-free and the sender accepts no responsibility or liability for any loss, injury, damage, cost or expense arising in any way from receipt or use thereof by the recipient.
The information contained in this electronic mail message is confidential information and intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above, and may be privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please contact the sender immediately, delete this material from your computer and destroy all related paper media. Please note that the documents transmitted are not intended to be binding until a hard copy has been manually signed by all parties.
Thank you.
"

Stalwart

BTW, "T" the manuals for the HEMTT trucks should cover 90% of your truck and I have all those. OK, the some of the steering in the MK48 is different but its still built on the same basic platform. I have about 750 MB of manuals, I can upload them to my server and you can download them.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Could someone forward me any info on the MK48? Specifically I need to understand what all the hoses are from the MK48 to the rear of a MK17. Also the pinout of the connectors.

Logistics

Congrats to all. I am in the same boat. A friend is active duty USN. They gives the Marines a ride now and then. Maybe he can obtain one. If anyone has one it would be much appreciated.

Logistics

My Mk48

Pending EUC Approval. This is what I am looking to couple to a variant. If a fifth wheel became available that would suit me very well. Looking at several alternatives and awaiting pricing, many thanks to the SS members for their helpful replies.

:)

Attachments

Last edited:

bigmellon

She sure looks purdy!

Did they give you any operational info or damage assessment? Looks cleaner than the one I got. I'm crossing my fingers there aren't larger issues when mine shows up.

Logistics

As they say about a blind squirrel..:mrgreen:..There is a tag in the photos that indicates an overhaul on 4/10 at 24 hours and there is 48 hours on the Hobbs. I am hoping that this indicates a clean machine, who knows maybe the blind squirrel did not find a nut. I am looking for a trailer that I can use for cargo hauling but ideally would like a fifth wheel so that I can marry a lowbed heavy hauler to it. Good luck on your two, who are you using for the hauling?

bigmellon

I chose a bid off of uShip to haul em up here. Reasonable folks. Trailers were to be picked up today, but looks like tomorrow now. We shall see.

I grew up around Philly - Audubon to be exact. Where exactly are you?

bigmellon

Nice!! That is close... Although I was in Audubon, PA. Closer to King of Prussia.

So um... You gonna take your MK48 onto those Jersey round abouts???

Logistics

Ha, my deuces were popular last year during the hurricane. The local PD used them to rescue motorists stuck on the infamous Jersey traffic circles.

bigmellon

While I am interested in all the manuals available for this vehicle, does anyone have the TM for the MK-48? I have been searching for information on how to operate the vehicle and inspect / change fluids prior to cranking over. Google is coming up empty...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks