• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mkt-90 kitchen trailer

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The search function here is funky but if you type in that magnifying glass in the right corner, "mkt-90 kitchen trailer" and hit search, you'll get 5 pages of all kinds of titles including yours.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/search/4874799/?q=mkt-90+kitchen+trailer&o=date

Online, using the same search term, I find facebook pages, specs, videos and this kitchen stuff is awesome. Here's one on SS that has more info and a great title.

Kitchen Trailers MKT-90

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MKT-75 through MKT-90 all had about the same 'guts' and all the MKT series could interchange parts. Most that were kept by the military have been upgraded to the MKT-99 standard, either in a refurbishment by contractors, or by getting a 'kit' and doing it in the motor pool. Some of the things that changed were to replacement of the carry covers from nylon to vinyl as the nylon ones would age VERY fast in the sun (max 3 years) and the replacement of the canvas wall/roof components by vinyl, and the upgrade from a dark interior on the vinyl to a white interior side. Swapping out the fuel fired lanterns for florescent lamps, winter skirts, floor heater system for the cooks, six vent roof replacing the 12 vent roofs, 4 inch lip griddles replacing 2 inch lip griddles. Lots of minor stuff.

As far as to what to pull it with, most any deuce will work, although I use a shop van modified into a pantry (think refrigerators, wire shelving, cabinets, air conditioning, etc). My second 'MKT' (modified into a field sanitary trailer, IE kitchen sink) is pulled by a regular cargo deuce. If you have specific questions contact me direct.

Kacykl

MKT-75 through MKT-90 all had about the same 'guts' and all the MKT series could interchange parts. Most that were kept by the military have been upgraded to the MKT-99 standard, either in a refurbishment by contractors, or by getting a 'kit' and doing it in the motor pool. Some of the things that changed were to replacement of the carry covers from nylon to vinyl as the nylon ones would age VERY fast in the sun (max 3 years) and the replacement of the canvas wall/roof components by vinyl, and the upgrade from a dark interior on the vinyl to a white interior side. Swapping out the fuel fired lanterns for florescent lamps, winter skirts, floor heater system for the cooks, six vent roof replacing the 12 vent roofs, 4 inch lip griddles replacing 2 inch lip griddles. Lots of minor stuff.

As far as to what to pull it with, most any deuce will work, although I use a shop van modified into a pantry (think refrigerators, wire shelving, cabinets, air conditioning, etc). My second 'MKT' (modified into a field sanitary trailer, IE kitchen sink) is pulled by a regular cargo deuce. If you have specific questions contact me direct.

thank you very much

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks