• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MKT Made it Home!

rwbrown72

Got my MKT to the house today. 375 mile trip and all went well. Had lots of tools in it, but no MBU's.... Oh well, can't win them all. Anyway, here are a couple pics. :)
It got dark on me, so I'll have more pics tomorrow. It is a two man job to set one up. One thing that I was very happy about was that it came with all the manuals. It was a Dec. 2002 rebuild from Limerock, ME.... I think. Anyway, another successful recovery in spite of the operator! (ME!)

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Whats a good price on a V3 mbu with the pot/lid/utensils/etc? I know a guy that has one, could maybe bring to the rally.

rwbrown72

Good job RWB....now come on to the GA Rally and help Mike and WM cook the possums etc!!!:drool::jumpin::lol:
Got to get me some MBU's or something! I'm thinking that possum carpaccio would be a little chewy! Thinking about converting to LP to save me from having to train my friends to use it. Who needs facial hair anyway!
:cookoo:

rwbrown72

Whats a good price on a V3 mbu with the pot/lid/utensils/etc? I know a guy that has one, could maybe bring to the rally.
I have no idea. I need four MBU's now! See ya next time.

RWB

P.S. The guys at Columbus were very nice to work with, but they were not kind to the equipment. I little rough for my taste. Preview before you buy from there!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Decide what one is worth and let me know. I will be seeing this guy tomorrow and could pick it up for you if you like. I will PM my cell# to you.

rwbrown72

0633 in the morning and I'm off to see the Wizard again. Back to back recoveries. Mkt is setup at the house, but I have to go and recover some tires today. No sleep for the wicked! :evil:

Anyone ever convert to LP burners on the MKT? I am looking into the idea.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PM sent. Carry covers look good, which is a big plus! I have put mine up and packed it away four times by myself - it's no fun, but can be done - takes a lot longer too! Remember, first thing to do before unhooking from the towing vehicle is to lower a rear landing leg and lock it in position - does not need to be extended, just down and locked. Remember, safety first!

We want pictures of the inside next, so we can judge what you will need to be operational! And what I might be having to get Gimpy to haul back up to you!

Green_gator

I have converted two of my gas burners to propane. Once I am able to look at mine I will see what it has for heating. I know it is short one oven from a picture but I have two now so that should be okay. I will inventory mine and we may be able to level out things that we each have and do not have. Looks like the exterior is in good shape, mine will need the side travel covers and I may have to just get new ones made.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
what would a mkt go for, just the trailer, legs, and lay down sides, nothing ealse

rwbrown72

Here are the interior pics. I have pulled all of the plastic drink containers out for cleaning. They are all new with the packaging still on them. This was a Dec 2002 rebuild.

Attachments

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, it been upgraded to the MKT-99 specs. 4 inch flange griddle, power plug, six vent roof, no M-59 Field Ranges (a big minus), seems to have all the canopy poles. I saw only one roof jack, you should have two. I did not see an ice chest, either metal or plastic (should be plastic on the rebuilt ones). How about side walls and screens? Should be one of each for the sides, and a large and a small one for each of the ends (IE six screens and six wall sections).

PLEASE PUT THE CORNER JACKS DOWN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE - THE TRAILER IS NOT SAFE IN THE CONFIGURATION YOU HAVE IT IN NOW!!!!

rwbrown72

Yep, it been upgraded to the MKT-99 specs. 4 inch flange griddle, power plug, six vent roof, no M-59 Field Ranges (a big minus), seems to have all the canopy poles. I saw only one roof jack, you should have two. I did not see an ice chest, either metal or plastic (should be plastic on the rebuilt ones). How about side walls and screens? Should be one of each for the sides, and a large and a small one for each of the ends (IE six screens and six wall sections).

PLEASE PUT THE CORNER JACKS DOWN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE - THE TRAILER IS NOT SAFE IN THE CONFIGURATION YOU HAVE IT IN NOW!!!!
It has two jacks, but one is frozen. No burners...sucks... The ice chest is in my garrage with all the the other plastic beverage and service containers. Looks like they were all there. No screens. Is there a wrench hidden somewhere for the jacks? I just used a socket and extension, but I thought I might have missed it somewhere. Thanks for all the help.

Russell

rwbrown72

PLEASE PUT THE CORNER JACKS DOWN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE - THE TRAILER IS NOT SAFE IN THE CONFIGURATION YOU HAVE IT IN NOW!!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice. I did. :beer:

Attachments

rwbrown72

Very cool. What are you going to use it for?[thumbzup]
Mostly for fun. First outing is in two days, so we will get a good idea of what needs what. My friends are brutally honest! They will point out all things that need to be fixed. I'm working on ideas for using different style burners in there. Any ideas from the experts or pictures?
nopics

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks