• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MKT Made it Home!

Green_gator

Once I get a look at mine I may have an extra range. Will send you a PM from the rally and let you know. If you are interested I may be able to send it back north with some of the folks heading your way. I am glad yours is looking this good, it gives me hope that mine will be similar. The screens are the thing that I need with mine. Keep the bugs out while we cook. Did yours have any of the burners? Here are a couple of pictures of one of the burners converted to propane.

Attachments

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got some M-59 range outfits, in the wooden storage boxes. But I have $300 each in them as they sit in the garage. Most of that expense was renting a truck to haul them from Eglin AFB to South Carolina (and all the expenses that went with it). I've also got a bunch of the screens from a GL sale at Warner-Robins, but I need a bunch of time to go through the piles of it. If you need a roof jack, let me know and I can send one north for $25 (shipping is a killer, so use the SS pipeline). Leveling jacks are usually found in the front pouch of the carry cover, but that is not their official storage location - it's on the side fold down walkways about in the middle - a place that's hard to get to once the unit is buttoned up and ready to roll except for raising the leveling posts and stowing them. Go figure! I keep three of mine there and the fourth one in the cab of the truck, where I can find it! Here's a pic of what you are looking for.

Attachments

rwbrown72

I've got some M-59 range outfits, in the wooden storage boxes. But I have $300 each in them as they sit in the garage. Most of that expense was renting a truck to haul them from Eglin AFB to South Carolina (and all the expenses that went with it). I've also got a bunch of the screens from a GL sale at Warner-Robins, but I need a bunch of time to go through the piles of it. If you need a roof jack, let me know and I can send one north for $25 (shipping is a killer, so use the SS pipeline). Leveling jacks are usually found in the front pouch of the carry cover, but that is not their official storage location - it's on the side fold down walkways about in the middle - a place that's hard to get to once the unit is buttoned up and ready to roll except for raising the leveling posts and stowing them. Go figure! I keep three of mine there and the fourth one in the cab of the truck, where I can find it! Here's a pic of what you are looking for.
Put me down for a roof jack! PM me your address again and I'll get the funds in the mail. I would also like a set of screens. Let me know when you get a chance to look them over and how much for a nice set! Thanks.

RWB

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We had frames made out of 1 inch angle, the same dimensions as an MBU, then added propane burners to them, two 5 inch burners for the griddle and two jet burners for the stove top portion. That way we can unhook the quick connect propane lines and pull the burners out as a unit. I pick up the trailer from the welders tomorrow, will add pics

Green_gator

I got my ovens from Mike and the worst part was cleaning all of the grease off of it that they put on for storage. You can not get them any nicer then his other then someone doing all of the cleaning for you.

Mike,
If you bring the screening to the Rally I will help go through it and turn it into sets as I am sure that I will need a set.

rwbrown72

Packed up and ready for our first outing. We are going camping 5 miles down the road on my farm. Camping right next to my shop! LOL That way I can work on it with some of my friends. It should be fun!

Attachments

WPNS421

Too bad you are far away, I have a complete set of screens and canvas, spare MBUs x5 , cabinets etc.. shipping from Canada would kill you. But you have a nice unit, what did it sell for from GL if you don't mind my asking. The 3 MKTs I have bought were from authorized dealers and they cost me but they were complete.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK...I traded WM a perfectly good Cummins 250 to put in his M816 wrecker (which he destroyed) for an MKT. No stoves or anything...and the canvass is in REALLY b ad shape.

I suspect it will die in place,...unless someone needs it.
SO....?????????
Should I bring it to the GA Rally??

Anyone interested??

I would rather for someone to use it than see it sit and rot

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PB,
If you bring it to the rally, I'd have no way of getting it home. Just take some pictures of it and let me drool over them while I'm making the Chili Mac!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
If you bring it to the rally, I'd have no way of getting it home. Just take some pictures of it and let me drool over them while I'm making the Chili Mac!

Aw POOP!!! If ya want/need it, I will hold on to it...ask WM about it cause I really never looked at it close:shock:
Plus...I don't know chit from shinola about em.

It ain't eatin nuthin...I'll try to remember to take some pics and PM ya...maybe we can trade fer a life time supply of Chili Mac but I gotta warn ya::shock:

I don't plan on dieing anyways soon...regardless of what the Docs say:jumpin:

rwbrown72

The Turkey Fryers worked great under the griddle. The we moved the griddle over and used them to heat up the pots and fry in the skillet. Works good and more common parts. Got them at Lowes. Had to drill new holes for the base to lower it just under the grates. It does get a little warm in front of the griddle, but I am thinking it would be that way with the MBUs also. Let me know what you guys think!
:beer:

P.S. This is just a cool photo I took while at Lowes. It is amazing how many people come and talk to you about these trucks. They all want to what I use it for. I have started telling them that I am Volunteer "Border Patrol". They all laugh, since I live in Illinois!

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks