• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MN rally at Drive A Tank Kasota, MN

hot rod deuce

Hello every one,

I think Minnesota needs an MV rally and I couldn't think of a better place to have it than at the HQ of the world renowned Drive A Tank Inc.

How much interest is there?
Any one willing to help me get it set up?
Any ideas?

I had considered doing some thing along the lines of this; Bring you MV and get in free, but the public pays $XX.XX to get in to look around plus maybe check out an MV swap meet/gun show. All of the gate fee's get donated to a veterans organization.

Ideas welcome, Lets make this thing bigger than Iola!

Thanks
-Tony

peashooter

That would be awesome! I'd love to go to this. I can think of a few other local members that would probably be also. I've wanted to check out DriveATank since you guys started up!

Last edited:
How about a MV owners only Saturday April 23rd lunch at the drive a tank location? I'd love to bring the M998 down with the HMC-MIL-1 strapped in the back to keep some ice cream and other things cold for a little jaw jacking and check out the variety of rigs that people have. If someone can supply a grill, I'll bring propane or charcoal and some tube steaks to char up.

And Tony, if you have clients to take care of for a while, go do that for a bit, I'm sure the remaining equipment will be in good hands.

Lyle

Hoefler

I have 72 acres in Lindstrom. Have two barns on it, a house and several trails through woods. On the north end of property, there is access to a 65 acre lake (fishing). Have about 5 acres of parking. It has a few trails big enough to get a 5-ton through-maybe 1/4 mile worth of trails. There is an old gravel pit on it that is used for shooting clays and rifles-all welcome. It's open if anyone wants to do a large gathering. I am willing to pull an insurance permit, a spike it with several MV's on the property.
Pete

peashooter

I have 72 acres in Lindstrom. Have two barns on it, a house and several trails through woods. On the north end of property, there is access to a 65 acre lake (fishing). Have about 5 acres of parking. It has a few trails big enough to get a 5-ton through-maybe 1/4 mile worth of trails. There is an old gravel pit on it that is used for shooting clays and rifles-all welcome. It's open if anyone wants to do a large gathering. I am willing to pull an insurance permit, a spike it with several MV's on the property.
Pete
I stopped getting updates on this thread so sorry for the late response. I'd be up for this Pete, sounds like a good time. Maybe something in the fall or next year even if people have their calendars booked up already?

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tony your a little over 200 miles from my location in Fargo, that is to far for me to drive a truck for a one day event. If you could come up with something with some camping and some good trail drives/convoys I would be there and I would guess I could get another 4 to 6 of ND boys to bring their trucks also. Keep me posted as this develops and I would sure like to have a good MV get together that is a reasonable distance for some good offroad activities!
Karl