• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mntsnow's recovery and building of The Beast

MtnSnow

Stock it was as the gov keeps it low for the newbie soldiers. The 8.3 6cta motor is well known to handle rpms into the mid 3.5k range without issue

MtnSnow

I'll be driving it much more this coming weekend. Currently attending the Interop conference in Vegas returning home tomorrow afternoon so it's just parked at home but it's so much nicer than when it was stock! I'm looking forward to straight-piping it soon as well!

DIndFab

Stock it was as the gov keeps it low for the newbie soldiers. The 8.3 6cta motor is well known to handle rpms into the mid 3.5k range without issue
Wow I had no idea they could rev that high. Does that make a difference for power since most tq is lower rpm or just more top speed?

MtnSnow

Mainly done for more comfortable highway driving but when done with the other performance mods you do get more power and tq overall

MtnSnow

Well got home late and the weather is not going to be nice to us this weekend (rain and cold) but we did get some good stuff done.

Finally got around to installing the keyed battery switch I had purchased right after I got the truck home (it was on my list but other things kept coming up higher on the list! lol), as well I wanted to fab up some flag mounts and of course put a few more miles on it :) I really do like the way the beast drives now with the fuel bump and GSK mods done to the motor. With the additional miles driven, I've decided I am going to adjust the transmission a touch to hold each gear just a bit longer but when it comes to top gear it's so much nicer with the GSK done. I am still planning on straight piping it which will wake "The Beast" up even more :driver:

Anyways here are a couple of pics of the small things my son and I got done before it started raining today. btw I didn't realize how heavy the passenger seat was until we pulled it off so we could really clean up the battery compartment since we were already going to be working in there.
Keyed Battery Switch.jpg
Flag-mounts_and_Antenna.jpg
The lower portion of the flag mounts are made from 3/4" x 48" galvanized pipe that goes thru a 1" hole drilled into the top of the bumper with a 3/4" pipe cap that is drilled and bolted on top of the inside lower lip of the bumper (of course directly under the upper hole! lol)
IMG_20140403_135843420_HDR.jpg
The upper portion of the flag mounts are made from 3/4" pvc pipe with cap and coupler so they just screw onto the lower mounts. The USA flag's upper mount is 6" taller/longer than the pow/mia flag's upper mount Both flags are 3x5's. This allows me to have another section of pvc pipe that that will be able to be used as bottom sections for when hand held flags are wanted (such as when standing a flag line at a funeral).

MO MV man

I can't wait to hear your impressions after you straight pipe it.

It really woke up my truck and I haven't even done any fuel adjustment or gov. springs yet!

MtnSnow

Davo.
That's really what I'm basically after too in the long run of things. I live in the mountains of Utah so eventually getting the trans to hold a gear into the upper rpms, hopefully allow me to enjoy the beast that much more.

desert demon

Awesome. what tires are on the bobber?
Thank :) 47 inch.Mike theres a car/truck/bike/semi show this next weekend at Solbergs Market in Stansbury this next Saturday at noon to 5 pm if ya like to come out :) Mike and I are going to set up our display if ya like to bring the 5 ton and join us :)

MtnSnow

Thanks for the invite Scott but unfortunately I'll be attending my granddaughters competition for nationals this coming weekend and not able to be in two places :( But to let you know about one coming up that I will be attending is the car/truck/bike show out at Wendover in June (Friday/Saturday/Leave on Sunday) father's day weekend across from the Rainbow & Peppermill. I believe Gregg aka Gunzy will be there as well but taking his Brickin aka Kermit

Info for the Wendover event can be found at https://wendoverfun.com/rooms/packages/cruise-in/

Last edited:

DrillerSurplus

Thanks for the invite Scott but unfortunately I'll be attending my granddaughters competition for nationals this coming weekend and not able to be in two places :( But to let you know about one coming up that I will be attending is the car/truck/bike show out at Wendover in June (Friday/Saturday/Sunday) father's day weekend across from the Rainbow & Peppermill. I believe Gregg aka Gunzy will be there as well but taking his Brickin aka Kermit
is there a name or web site for the Wendover event? I'm looking forward to meeting some of the Utah SS members & MV enthusiasts. I'm up in Seattle the next couple of weeks, so can't make the Stansbury event.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks