• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mobile air compressor g-311-pc...nsn4310008438885

joeblack5

My adventure is not over yet.
The intake valve came in, cleaned cylinder head , assembled .. there is some compression, it feels smooth.
Next step is the broken intake manifold. The PO and maybe the army had fixed this with an army green / black devcon . Not sure if that is existing but it came loose . Seems to be a high stress area to use glue but that is me.
This aluminum alloy is probably a bad material to weld but I gave it a try. I thought that I could get better hold if I would clad the area with aluminum wire welding rod and then weld that together..
As mentioned I am no welder so maybe this idea has no merit.
It is back together and time will tell if it will hold. Maybe it does not survive the cleaning and surface finishing . Haha.

Johan

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks