• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mobile Shop Trailer Recovery

Andy1234

On 10 November this year, I won a GL auction for a mobile shop trailer (SGPRSMD) in Ft Leonard Wood, MO. Payment was made, EUC cleared, blah blah blah..

Anyway, Friday, 16 Dec, a friend (Hairba11) and I drove down to pick it up. I took one on my M915's to get it.

All in all, it was a smooth recovery, aside from a loose battery cable on the 915 and 8 low tires on the trailer.

By the way, Dave (the GL rep) was FANTASTIC! He was pleasant to deal with and was more then willing to let Hairba11 and I get the trailer ready to go.

Anyway, the drive home was uneventful, aside from using every one of the M915's 400 horsepower going up the hills on I-44.

Pics show the rest.

Andy

Attachments

lordkevork

On 10 November this year, I won a GL auction for a mobile shop trailer (SGPRSMD) in Ft Leonard Wood, MO. Payment was made, EUC cleared, blah blah blah..

Anyway, Friday, 16 Dec, a friend (Hairba11) and I drove down to pick it up. I took one on my M915's to get it.

All in all, it was a smooth recovery, aside from a loose battery cable on the 915 and 8 low tires on the trailer.

By the way, Dave (the GL rep) was FANTASTIC! He was pleasant to deal with and was more then willing to let Hairba11 and I get the trailer ready to go.

Anyway, the drive home was uneventful, aside from using every one of the M915's 400 horsepower going up the hills on I-44.

Pics show the rest.

Andy

That is awesome! Good luck with it

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like it has a ton of good stuff inside. Nice trailer, what a score! What are the plans for it?

3dAngus

I love those things. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind I would have one by now if I had more space. Congrats!

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You got to love a well made piece of equipment. I think we were bidding against each other. Well deeper pockets won. Congrats on a smooth recovery.

54reo

Andy,

Looks like a good one, seems to be fairly full of tooling too.

As I have mentioned before, please inspect the large side door "hinges" before opening them up too many times. The hinge consists of a thin piece of rubber belting that will, once deteriorated, fail; dropping the side door onto the ground (and anyone/anything next to the trailer).
Ask me how I know...

Oh, and have fun they are cool trailers!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks