• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mobile Shop Trailer Recovery

Andy1234

On 10 November this year, I won a GL auction for a mobile shop trailer (SGPRSMD) in Ft Leonard Wood, MO. Payment was made, EUC cleared, blah blah blah..

Anyway, Friday, 16 Dec, a friend (Hairba11) and I drove down to pick it up. I took one on my M915's to get it.

All in all, it was a smooth recovery, aside from a loose battery cable on the 915 and 8 low tires on the trailer.

By the way, Dave (the GL rep) was FANTASTIC! He was pleasant to deal with and was more then willing to let Hairba11 and I get the trailer ready to go.

Anyway, the drive home was uneventful, aside from using every one of the M915's 400 horsepower going up the hills on I-44.

Pics show the rest.

Andy

Attachments

lordkevork

On 10 November this year, I won a GL auction for a mobile shop trailer (SGPRSMD) in Ft Leonard Wood, MO. Payment was made, EUC cleared, blah blah blah..

Anyway, Friday, 16 Dec, a friend (Hairba11) and I drove down to pick it up. I took one on my M915's to get it.

All in all, it was a smooth recovery, aside from a loose battery cable on the 915 and 8 low tires on the trailer.

By the way, Dave (the GL rep) was FANTASTIC! He was pleasant to deal with and was more then willing to let Hairba11 and I get the trailer ready to go.

Anyway, the drive home was uneventful, aside from using every one of the M915's 400 horsepower going up the hills on I-44.

Pics show the rest.

Andy

That is awesome! Good luck with it

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like it has a ton of good stuff inside. Nice trailer, what a score! What are the plans for it?

3dAngus

I love those things. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind I would have one by now if I had more space. Congrats!

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You got to love a well made piece of equipment. I think we were bidding against each other. Well deeper pockets won. Congrats on a smooth recovery.

54reo

Andy,

Looks like a good one, seems to be fairly full of tooling too.

As I have mentioned before, please inspect the large side door "hinges" before opening them up too many times. The hinge consists of a thin piece of rubber belting that will, once deteriorated, fail; dropping the side door onto the ground (and anyone/anything next to the trailer).
Ask me how I know...

Oh, and have fun they are cool trailers!