• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

moding the 915, any clues to where to go from here

OSO

The Mods M920 has done are great! That truck LOOKS LIKE BIG TROUBLE comming at you!!! Awsome. I like it! [thumbsup] Unable to get simles to work.

Last edited:

eldgenb

Yeah Soni's truck is in a whole other league of its own, I would have to cash out the kids college fund to even build something close to what he has accomplished, two big thumbs up Soni. By the way, what is that visor off of? or did you make it yourself?

I would think the 1st thing I would do to a 915 is super singles with 15.5's or 395's on it with hemtt wheels, ditch the front grill guard and see about leveling the suspension. The suspension part can be accomplished pretty easy just make sure you get an alignment when you are done. If you plan on using it as a tractor then you would want to supplement the rear with airbags so when you do load it down you can compensate for the squat. If you don't plan on using it as a tractor then measure out your frame and add a bed and add rails to it so you can bolt and unbolt it to the 5th wheel mounts for a quick change over so the truck can be used as a pickup while not hauling trailers around.

eldgenb

on another thought, again you have not mentioned your use for the truck so I am just digging. If you are not hauling big trailers I would even go as far as to ditch one of the rear axles and make it a 4x4. If you do end up leveling the suspension you should be able to fit 14.00 r 20's under it and have a very high sex appeal vehicle... well in this circle anyways!!

eldgenb

Do believe the 915 has no front drive axle.

your correct, I got a little ahead of myself, what I meant is you could make it a bitchen pre runner or 4x4 clone. I would keep the length the same and relocate the rear axle to split the difference between them and enjoy.

Hooty481

I would too like to know what the visor came from. Been looking to do this to mine but have not come up with anything. I would almost like something that most people use on their 359 and 379 Peter guilts. That cover most of the top of the wind shield. Have also been. Throwing around the idea of a drop strip on the top of the windshield because going into the sun is a PITA with thosnebig front windows.

Bighurt

I would too like to know what the visor came from. Been looking to do this to mine but have not come up with anything. I would almost like something that most people use on their 359 and 379 Peter guilts. That cover most of the top of the wind shield. Have also been. Throwing around the idea of a drop strip on the top of the windshield because going into the sun is a PITA with thosnebig front windows.
If your talking about Soni's M920 he built the visor. I'd send him a PM to get specifics.

I plan to do something similar with mine, going to use a cardboard template and fab up a one off visor.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks