• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

More Photo's from ENGLAND

vtdeucedriver

Welcome to the group Andy????? When were the pics of "butterfly" taken? The builder of the truck was Max Levell, he sold the truck to finance his flying. Stuart Beeney now owns it.........I got to get him to put some bumper markings on it............just looks to plain!! I have been invited by both owners over the yrs to come over for Rolling Thunder but have never made it...........espically since July is a Heavy play month for us here in New England.

Again great pics..............andy, are the panties still hanging in the cab of "butterfly"?

M35A2

vtdeucedriver said:
Welcome to the group Andy????? When were the pics of "butterfly" taken? The builder of the truck was Max Levell, he sold the truck to finance his flying. Stuart Beeney now owns it.........I got to get him to put some bumper markings on it............just looks to plain!! I have been invited by both owners over the yrs to come over for Rolling Thunder but have never made it...........espically since July is a Heavy play month for us here in New England.

Again great pics..............andy, are the panties still hanging in the cab of "butterfly"?

Hi vtdeucedriver.

Thanks for your welcome. I can't remember when I took those. At a guess I would say it was 2001. They were taken at beltring. I spoke to a few of the guys that were in the back of it last year at Beltring. One of them owns about 6 or 9 Reos, I can't remember how many exactly. I notice you have a very impressive collection. You have SO many, and I'm still looking for just one. I guess you can own more in the States because you don't get taxed as much as we do over here, and they are also a damn sight cheaper too.

You should really make the effort to get to Beltring. I know you would miss out in the States, but it would only be for one year, and believe me, it would be worth your while!

The club they belong to puts on a great show. They, as you know, put on Vietnam displays. Some Veterans go over every year to see the shows. I remember they had "Bunny girls" dancing there one year. I would imagine they are from one of them!!

Have you got a link to the photo's of your collection? I'd love to see your trucks.

Cheers

Andy

vtdeucedriver

Andy, I am bad..........stuart owns a M54 in the same group........Colin Topliss now owns Butterfly.
yeah I have a few. Not too bad here in the states to own one. Not like the UK at all. I remember Max telling me that the biggest thing was negotiating the small narrow roads. He used to laugh, "there are stone walls everywhere". Yep I have a link.......
http://linehaulrvn.tripod.com

M35A2

vtdeucedriver said:
Andy, I am bad..........stuart owns a M54 in the same group........Colin Topliss now owns Butterfly.
yeah I have a few. Not too bad here in the states to own one. Not like the UK at all. I remember Max telling me that the biggest thing was negotiating the small narrow roads. He used to laugh, "there are stone walls everywhere". Yep I have a link.......
http://linehaulrvn.tripod.com

Hey Jeff,

Awesome site. I have added it to my favourites. I see you are a year younger than me. It's strange you know all the UK guys. When I get my truck, I will be joining their club. We will have to stay in touch. Maybe if I come over to the US I can come down and have a look at your collection? Your not interested in selling me one of your trucks are you? LOL

M35A2

Jeff

Have you heard of a guy called Terry Willison?

He was stationed in Quang Tri and was the Gun truck driver of "Assassin". I have emailed him in the past. He still sends me stuff. He also sent me some pictures of the real "Iron Butterfly", but I can't access them now.

vtdeucedriver

name sure sounds familiar!! One of the pics on my site is of the GT "assassins" If you look at my site, the pic with the 3 deuces. The closest one is in the pic is numbered for "assissans". The other one is numbered for "The Mafia"
I have been reading up and talking with those guys for a few yrs.....got to know a lot of them in that time. I got to chatting with the guys from the UK because of their interest in Gun Trucks. Max was the 1st to build a replica anywhere. I thought I would be the 1st here in the usa but with the lack of $$$$ I did not get it done. Its funny, now that I have the $$$ I still have not built one but I have all the stuff to make it happen except the steel...................someday...........glad you like my site, check back for updates

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks