• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

more power out of a m35a3 ??

EXPLICIT1

i have a 93 m35a3 is there anything i can do to get more power ? i need just a little bit more to haul my toy hauler..if there is all ready a thread redirect me..thx

AceHigh

I think I have heard of that engine being cranked up to 1,000 hp, with a life of 100 hours!

From this site:

Need help with turning up a 3116 Cat - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

To gain access to the fuel screw on the 3116, you must remove the valve cover. If the seal tag/plate is still present it will need to be removed. You will need to remove the tag by removing the rocker shaft stand bolt. The screw and lock nut are on the rack bar, and take a 2mm allen wrench and an 8mm deep socket. Turn the screw counter-clockwise to increase rack travel.
Marine injectors are also available for an even better power increase. These engines arent known for making big power, and surviving it.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think you have the wrong truck for power. Really, most of the tactical trucks that are coming out lack top end power if the truck is loaded (or you are pulling a fairly decent load...I estimate your load at approximately 12,000 pounds including the trailer). You need an M915 or something similar. That should pull your trailer and load with no problem. If money is not an issue, look for an M915A4, which will give you A/C, too.

Westech

CPL
No way to get more speed with out changing axle gears or transmission. The trans used is a NON over drive unit. you can make more power with that engine by playing with the fuel settings, but your never going to come close to what you want. It is what it is. If you want a toy hauler get a M915 or the like. A deuce or even a 5 ton just will not cut it for what you are looking for.

No way to get more speed with out changing axle gears or transmission. The trans used is a NON over drive unit. you can make more power with that engine by playing with the fuel settings, but your never going to come close to what you want. It is what it is. If you want a toy hauler get a M915 or the like. A deuce or even a 5 ton just will not cut it for what you are looking for.
True, and if you change axle gears for more speed, your towing abilities will diminish.

Get you some Ouverson 4.90 axle gears and some marine injectors and you should be good to go.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, get a 915, that will pull everything you want. Just ask anyone that has one.

:)

kcwell27

Wow I pull pretty much the same set up(except i have a slide in truck camper and a gooseneck trailer). I pull with a 90 Dodge W250 with a 6BT Cummins. Just wish I had over drive! :cool:

EXPLICIT1

what about a 923a2 ? r they any better ? but really want to keep my a3. i love it... just want to run 60 and have just a little more power. after i lift it iam going to loose even more. but i will look into injectors turning the fuel up and thinking about a bigger turbo or twins..

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
btw.. thanks every1 for ur help.
every1 is spelled everyone
ur is spelled your

from the forum rules that you read and aggreed to
• Do not post in all CAPS or in giant run-on sentences without punctuation. Do not post as if texting and do avoid the use of texting abbreviations. We are not the grammar police but we want everyone to easily read your post in at least 8th grade English. It is extra work to post proper sentences from a smartphone (may have to RETRAIN the phone) but the result will be greatly appreciated. Please do your best to use capitalization, proper spelling and punctuation. It makes it easier for everyone to read