• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Moss covered M1009 followed me home.

2002ford

I pulled this home today. It was in West Virginia woods growing moss on it. I got it as a scrap title truck out of GSA. I took a couple pics where it sat and then some after a bubble bath. I was told it had a bad IP.

This was a little scary as it had snake skins on the front bumper and inside it. Alot of wasps were calling it home also. So I rolled down the windows and blew them out on the way home. LOL.

Attachments

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice score!

I probably would have dropped quite a few bucks washing that thing down though... hope nothing surprises you when you start working on it!

Keith_J

If you find something that removes lichen without having to scrub, let us know. My 1031 SECM has a good bit between the cab and contact box.

CycleJay

Darn,

Some guys have all the luck when it comes to finding a "score".

I never "score" like that. Life is so unfair some times... LOL

2002Ford, Good luck with it.. I hope you enjoy it, and it does not turn into a headache,
a moneypit or both.

2002ford

I plan to part it out. I cant title it in Ohio due to how they listed it. I have way to many MV now but this was complete truck. Lots of little things I can use for my M1009 or M1010.:grd:

True soldier

wow

That is a story out of a horror movie that was a great find you have there besides the snakes and wasp and whatever in the world was left in there its a great truck just needs some work done to it and it will be up and running in no time :)

2002ford

Believe it or not this thing was located in a Forrest Employees land. They let him keep it at his home for the last 7 to 8 years. Wow. Up on the hill was a red M1008 that they still used. My GPS wouldnt even find this place. Always an adventure.

2002ford

Yep it said that. The head guy told me that it was flooded where it sat. He didnt think it got up to the hubs though. Who knows, It rolled good and the tires are in good shape. I am just enjoying driving around getting these things. My brother on the other hand hates me. I tend to put park them at his farm. Lol.

CycleJay

Like I said...
Some guys have all the luck... I wish I had the means, to just drive around and
pick these up too when I do find them for sale somewhere...

Or in the rare cases of getting it for dirt cheap or free, just because
the landowner wants it hauled off their property.

LOL

Keith_J

Interesting. If it has alternators, I know someone who might need a pair. Of course that would mean I would have to overhaul bothaua.

Why do I keep getting into restoration projects?

Good Find!..........How does the floors look in it? i could use section beside seat and door on each side...
previous owner who had mine, patched it with galvanized panels, and now the channel is missing for weatherstriping... ugh.. would have prefered the holes....

Also I'm looking for the plastic covers on bus bar on firewall too..

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That trailer is sure getting a workout. If memory serves correct that's 2 crewcabs, one ambulance, one blazer and if keepi.g score, 3 dana 60 fronts between them.

2002ford

Recovery4x4, you missed 1 blazer that I picked up from CSMdavis. LOL.

The first Blazer and M1010 I am keeping. The rest I have sold or will sell to fund my addiction to OD.

This is the last truck for this year. I hope......

Doug.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks