• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Most MV Friendly State(s)

Tanner

My understanding is that NC is pretty good about registering former mil-vehicles. I don't think that our DOT is issuing trailer-queen or parade permits...

'Tanner'

TIGERFANS2

Hmmm.... 6 years, 5 MVs, over 10,000 miles in my deuce throughout the state and never any problem whatsoever. Not from the cops, not at the DMV, not the city or county.... But then, I do have an acre of worthless desert that nobody pays much attention to.

I think you guys are biased. There have been plenty of threads of folks having problems in TX and KS, but few if any in CA. Sheesh, I can't believe I'm sticking up for this crappy state! :cookoo:

Jon

Trouble in Kansas?
Antique plates, one time buy with yearly property tax at less than the cost of half a tank of gas in the wife's CRV.
Cheap insurance and the sheriff deputies and city cops wave.

Trouble?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmmm.... 6 years, 5 MVs, over 10,000 miles in my deuce throughout the state and never any problem whatsoever. Not from the cops, not at the DMV, not the city or county.... But then, I do have an acre of worthless desert that nobody pays much attention to.

I think you guys are biased. There have been plenty of threads of folks having problems in TX and KS, but few if any in CA. Sheesh, I can't believe I'm sticking up for this crappy state! :cookoo:

Jon
Jon,
While I respect your opinion, and your right to air it, I beleive you need to go back and READ the posts concerning problems with TxFMV ownership....

I am confident that you will find that those who have had problems DID NOT typically encounter those problems with THE STATE of TEXAS, but instead with the HOME OWNERS' ASSOCIATION which CONTROLS the property that they purchased WITH HOA RESTRICTIONS and are now trying to WEASEL their way around the RESTRICTIONS that THEY bought into.

Other supposed "problems" are with those who choose to remain IGNORANT of the LAWS of TEXAS and attempt to WEASEL their way around something that is BLACK AND WHITE... Again I refer everyone discussing TxFMV Laws to go to THAT THREAD for an EDUCATION.

And, in the third case, there are those who choose to register their vehicles as "regular trucks" and try to manipulate GVWR's and other realities to illegally manipulate the LAW for their own whim - - - FOOLISHNESS at its BEST ! ! !

These ARE NOT problems with the LAWS OF TEXAS or it's "Friendliness to MV's" but ARE a clearly negative reflection of SOME members of this hobby.

'nuff said.

John
San Angelo, TX

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks