• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Motor City Motors - another Deuce on TV

M135CDN

Well that is interesting, but useless as teeth in a chicken. The driver would never be able too see to line up the corn rows with the head. Marvelous engineering by stupid people.

scooter01922

:ditto: Never run a corn picker in my life, but have seen them and have enough brain cells to see that just won't work......waste of a perfectly good truck :-( but ya know, at least its not in pieces headed for china.

poppop

To go along with another thread and modern technology, all he needs is a GPS quideance system with a disk from the tractor that planted the crop. Then all the driver has to do is turn around and decide when the truck is full.:-D

kc5mzd

To go along with another thread and modern technology, all he needs is a GPS quideance system with a disk from the tractor that planted the crop. Then all the driver has to do is turn around and decide when the truck is full.:-D

Some of the newer high end AG equipment does come with GPS and satellite units installed from the factory. Helps keep track of the amount of "fertilizer" and stuff they use or something like that.

poppop

I have three friends who have installed this equipment on their tractors. The driver turns them around, puts them on the line the screen says and turns them loose. the GPS steers the tractor till they get to the end of the field, the driver turns it off and repositions the tractor. They can skip anywhere in the field and plant, and when finished all rows match within one inch.

M135CDN

GPS technology is fantastic and accurate. Does seem a shame to have too take the whole hearvesting unit from the field, to the storage facility and shovel the load of corn off. GPS tracking and a shovel to unload, any thing wrong with that efficency bottle neck?

tm america

agreed not the best use of time but at least when they are unhappy with how it works there will be another truck getting parted out so we can pick it apart like volvcures

papercu

It's not a production harvester it also pops/roast the corn. From the web
"a military truck that picks corn, shucks it and turns it into popcorn while cruising at 50 miles an hour? Dave Kaye and Jim Kaye , founders of Detroit Bros. Custom, direct teams that turn cars and motorcycles into things you'd never imagine while facing challenges along the way."
New Show: "Motor City Motors" - Dodge Nitro Forum Wayne

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
or zombie collector!

Why is it, all good threads, turn into a Zombie thread?:p

waste of a perfectly good truck :sad: but ya know, at least its not in pieces headed for china.
Somewhere in a parallel universe, on an Internet forum about Harvesters and Combines, they probably said the same thing(about the corn picker).:-D

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I don't know if that thing will work as intended or not:shock:
You have to admit though...it's unique:!:

Might work better over in the sand box clearing routes of 4 wheelers etc:idea: I know If I saw that thing coming at me I would haul @ss:roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks