• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Motor City Motors - another Deuce on TV

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't even stand to finish watching that stupid a$$ show. Dumbest crap I've seen in a long time. Good idea for a show just the wrong group of people.
Just my 3 cents.
CT:evil:

:ditto:

I tryed to watch it but couldn't stand to sit through the whole show.

Pawnshop

Lame show (liked it MUCH better the first time I saw it, when it was called Monster Garage), but they didn't do anything too bad to the Deuce. They said it was a 1969 Kaiser-Jeep but it had early indicator lights and was a gasser (or at least had gasser exhaust)... it was also a rust bucket that was so bad you could see through the bed! I wanted them to run those burners long enough to catch the troop seats on fire:)

tsmall07

I can't even stand to finish watching that stupid a$$ show. Dumbest crap I've seen in a long time. Good idea for a show just the wrong group of people.
Just my 3 cents.
CT:evil:

Me neither... I was really excited about it, too. I quit when I realized they were just going to turn the corn in to briquettes. :roll:

It really reminded me of Monster Garage as well. I like Monster garage, though (at least most of the time...)

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I stopped watching it about 1/2 way through but did turn it back on to see the end. I've raised quite a bit of corn in my life and the corn didn't look ready to me. Combines are designed to harvest dried corn also. There's no way that corn head is going to pick green corn worth a crap. There was a guy standing on the machine at the front of the conveyor. I'm thinking he was dumping corn on the conveyor to make it look like they were harvesting it. There was way more corn comming up the conveyor than that little field would put out even if they could accually pick green corn.

rreidnauer

Waste of a great truck

Just seen the show, what an epic failure and waste of a great vehicle. The stupid chomping teeth that the team leader was so heck-bent on having failed immediately as they entered the cornfield. I'm pretty sure they sunk in the front axle with all that excessive weight, since it only drove in truck deep, and that's where it sat until close of the show. The corn roaster was a failure, because all it was capable of doing was burn the side of the corn that laid on the bottom. And for that matter, I don't think it actually harvested corn, since the corn shown growing in the field was still immature, but what was in the roaster was. Then they all celebrated like it was a success. If I knew any better, I'd say they must be execs from the big banks. Who knew people could be so joyous of their own complete failure? Ahhh, ya gotta love television.

KsM715

If you watched closely the first shot of them in the "field" the conveyor was even running and the corn was piled up at the bottom, then they cut to the scene of the corn coming off the conveyor.

I doubt there will be to many more episodes.

ctmustang

Man that show sucks hard. Want be watching it anymore. Can't these tv people come up with anything descent anymore. They're like hollywood writers remaking all the old good stuff and ruining it-THEY'RE ALL BRAINDEAD!:evil:

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was a show on a few years ago called Junk Yard Wars (on cable, may still be on) where they put two teams of 4 or 5 people against each other. They had to build their project in a specific period of time, with parts they got from a junk yard. The teams had to do all their own design and fabrication including cutting, welding, etc.

Not really a reality show in the context we see now, but real people designing and building a machine to acomplish the set goal in a short period of time. Very interesting show.

Yea, THAT was a good show, Ha!

In the early days, it was very educational. They always tried to teach a science or physics lesson in each one. The teams worked together and got along. Then toward the end of the series, they fell into the same trap as all the others. The producers had to introduce conflict and controversy. The contestants started to become belligerent, egotistical, and independent.

Boy, could I tell you some stories . . . .

If you want to see a really good history of the show, check out Jay Lewis' fan site: Junkyard Wars Online

I was a contestant on two shows -
Combat Harvesters: Junkyard Mega Wars - Threshers

-and-

The Great Race: Junkyard Mega Wars - The Great Race

coolnick73

Yea, THAT was a good show, Ha!

In the early days, it was very educational. They always tried to teach a science or physics lesson in each one. The teams worked together and got along. Then toward the end of the series, they fell into the same trap as all the others. The producers had to introduce conflict and controversy. The contestants started to become belligerent, egotistical, and independent.
I really liked the early Junkyard Wars, this was no Junkyard Wars.

It seemed to be a combination of Junkyard Wars, Monster Garage, and American Chopper.

You have the finished result of Junkyard Wars, with the prizes from Monster Garage, and the family drama of American Chopper.

I think the show was good for me as I won't be tempted to watch any new episodes :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks