• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Motor Swapping

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the mechanical engines, unfortunately, no 250-300 hp, but, the only parts needed to make your 1551 to the 1553 are a turbo, injectors and a fuel pump. The injectors and pump you have can be recalibrated to the 1553 spec so you don't have to buy new or exch if you don't want. The turbo has different housings...but I have seen and run engines that have been uprated w/o the correct turbo. Head, pistons, block are the same betwen the 2 CPLs. The 230 hp 1553 CPLs run VERY good! They used to put them in 35ft motorhomes and they ran and pulled great. See if you can find a truck salvage yard. There were a ton of the FL series w/the c series in them. As for the weaker h. gas. No it would be no weaker...but, the 1551 CPL had an issue with white smoke. The different head gasket was used for piston grading when the deck was surfaced, if you use the .0197 gasket, you will probably have a white smoke issue more pronounced than b-4 if you had one. The smoke issue was due to an internal f/p timing issue.

RANDYLBARNES

dt466 and fuller rto6610

I have been doing a little research about the engine swaps myself. I am looking at a truck that has a DT466 rated at 250 HP with a top rpm of somewhere around 2700 to 2800. It has a Fuller RTO6610 10 speed transmission. The high gear ratio of the RTO6610 is .80. I am getting different answers as to the ratio of the 3053a. Can someone help me out here?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks