• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mpe803a

Guyfang

Staff member
Look at this wire diagram. There is nothing between the S10-1 and the K2-X1. So if it will not turn over with the S10, Check S10-2 for 24 VDC. If nothing is there, Check CR1. see if you have 24 VDC on the input side, and output side. If not CR1 is bad.
1602458627784.png

mchlsprgn

were do i check voltage on s 10 , cr1 no voltage in or out checked another 803 i have that runs can't see anything deferent . Thanks for your patince need all help i can get

Guyfang

Staff member
Look at this wire diagram. There is nothing between the S10-1 and the K2-X1. So if it will not turn over with the S10, Check S10-2 for 24 VDC. If nothing is there, Check CR1. see if you have 24 VDC on the input side, and output side. If not CR1 is bad.
View attachment 814814
Look at S10. There are three wires on it. In the diagram above it is shown in the OFF position. It is a three position switch. When you want to crank the engine over, you turn the switch to the crank position. That makes the contact between position 2 & 1 on the switch. Power comes from position 2, through position 1 on the switch, causing the K2, (Starter Relay) to close. That turns the starter over. So, back to S10. Position 2 should have the wire # 120A hooked to it. Using a multimeter, measure from a good ground, to wire # 120A. Do you have 24 VDC there?

Is this gen set new to you?
Have you ever seen it run right?
Can you use a multimeter?
Can you read and follow the wire diagram?

mchlsprgn

Look at S10. There are three wires on it. In the diagram above it is shown in the OFF position. It is a three position switch. When you want to crank the engine over, you turn the switch to the crank position. That makes the contact between position 2 & 1 on the switch. Power comes from position 2, through position 1 on the switch, causing the K2, (Starter Relay) to close. That turns the starter over. So, back to S10. Position 2 should have the wire # 120A hooked to it. Using a multimeter, measure from a good ground, to wire # 120A. Do you have 24 VDC there?

Is this gen set new to you?
Have you ever seen it run right?
Can you use a multimeter?
Can you read and follow the wire diagram?

mchlsprgn

yes its new to me. Yes i can read the dia and use a multi not something i do often but i can manage , the dead crank worked for a few times, it will start by jumping the starter motor and holding the fuel solenoid run,s fine makes power. It got dark last nite will try agine today Im in san diego cal big time deff Thanks Mike

mchlsprgn

new bats . relays click I can make it run by jumping the starter motor and pulling the fuel solenoid, Dead crank worked a fem times Now nothing . must be a wiring prob

mchlsprgn

found the problem k2. heard a klick when trying dead crank , my son climed on top [gen is on a trailer] heard k2 taped it with screw driver bingo started ran made power . need to load test next and replace k2, no were to find one? What a relief up all nite thinking about it . Thanks you got me looking in the right area

mchlsprgn

found the problem k2. heard a klick when trying dead crank , my son climed on top [gen is on a trailer] heard k2 taped it with screw driver bingo started ran made power . need to load test next and replace k2, no were to find one? What a relief up all nite thinking about it . Thanks you got me looking in the right area

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks