• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mpe803a

mchlsprgn

I'm having trouble finding a K2 relay or what ever it's called. The one thats there work's most of the time . Guyfang said to R&R it ,i'd like a spare any help woulr be appreciated Thanks Mike

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Save yourself mucho aggrevation and bloodied knuckles... get a good oil filter chain wrench, and take the side top panel off the machine next to this separator. You can access the mounting base from the side and put your whole weight into it this way. Grab as high up on the filter as you can, and give it hell. Don't forget to oil the new seal when you reinstall a new one!

Guyfang

Staff member
The relay, K2 fits EVERYTHING in the power generation field. Heater field. Air con world. And about a million other things, (like an AMG) and its just not to be found. No place.

BUT, if one looks closer, at the data sheets, one can find its older brother. 5945-00-686-6877. Yep, he is the older brother. The mounting holes should match. He is to be found in the big auction site. Two of them there. One 70 bucks, the other 50? Or so.

mchlsprgn

Right now the fuel filter / separator is the problem Looks like violence is next. Who ever thought to put it there should be shot . the bracket is about to break and I may be in trouble should have left it alone ,no good deed goes un punished

Guyfang

Staff member
Simply, (Ha, Ha) remove the bracket and filter. Put it in a vice with brass or Alu jaw inserts and then get ugly with it. I will warn you, when you tear the filter housing up, the edgess will be like razer blades. I have several scars on my hands to prove it. Might be hard to find them, there are several others there also. But if you do not watch it, you too will be donating blood.

Ray70

Ah, ha! if the older brother will work as well, I have a few spares and would be able to sell you one cheaper, if you decide you want to replace it or get a spare.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
make sure you have the chain wrench as high up as you can muster, just below the mounting lip. The base is stronger than you know... just have to get that thing moving then its gravy.

Guyfang

Staff member
Ah, ha! if the older brother will work as well, I have a few spares and would be able to sell you one cheaper, if you decide you want to replace it or get a spare.
Spotted that, didn't you Ray!! Was wondering if anyone would.

Both are rated to 50 amps, both are 24-28 volt coil. Like I said, the mounting holes should match up. I could look if anyone is really interested. But even if they didn't, drilling a hole is easy.

mchlsprgn

I don't see how you can remove the bracket no way to get to the bolts on the in side. They have me on blood thinners so I could easly bleed to death . Wish me luck !

mchlsprgn

Who ever said chain wrench RIGHT ON ! home depot just delivered 24 inch chain wrench ,wasn't easy to get the chain around the filter and it took all I had but it finale let go. I'm a very happy man Also Kurts VR came today I'll install saterday. Next R&R k2 this is becoming almost fun! THANKS TO EVERYONE MIKE

mchlsprgn

Now my gen has no 24 volt power to front panel , dead crank works but no 24 volt from normal to ground . fuses are good all I did was change fuel filter any ideas?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks