• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MPG BOBBED M35

philinmt

What does a single axel m35 get for fuel mileage? I would think that you would gain 3 to 4 mpg with all the weight and tires gone? Thanks for the info Phil in Mt :?:

SasquatchSanta

The best I ever got with my bobbed deuce (with 395/85RX20s, spin out hubs, LDT465-1D, no fan, summer driving) was a little over 12MPG. For best economy I try to stay between 2,000 and 2,200 RPM. 2,000 is optimum. Over 2,400 RPMs and mileage goes south.

Blythewoodjoe

The one I just sold got 10 MPG on a road trip. Don't be deceived, they still weight 11,000 pounds. That's a lot of weight.

You thinking about trading the M75 for a bobbed deuce :twisted:

philinmt

No :eek: , I have a few m35s ,just need a new project, spent the last 4 years on a m37 converson.have too much spare time.. bored..Phil in Mt

Blythewoodjoe

A bob job is only a weekend project if you know what you are doing. Go for it and put a flat dump bed on the back. It will be the most practical truck in you yard.