• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MPG BOBBED M35

philinmt

What does a single axel m35 get for fuel mileage? I would think that you would gain 3 to 4 mpg with all the weight and tires gone? Thanks for the info Phil in Mt :?:

SasquatchSanta

The best I ever got with my bobbed deuce (with 395/85RX20s, spin out hubs, LDT465-1D, no fan, summer driving) was a little over 12MPG. For best economy I try to stay between 2,000 and 2,200 RPM. 2,000 is optimum. Over 2,400 RPMs and mileage goes south.

Blythewoodjoe

The one I just sold got 10 MPG on a road trip. Don't be deceived, they still weight 11,000 pounds. That's a lot of weight.

You thinking about trading the M75 for a bobbed deuce :twisted:

philinmt

No :eek: , I have a few m35s ,just need a new project, spent the last 4 years on a m37 converson.have too much spare time.. bored..Phil in Mt

Blythewoodjoe

A bob job is only a weekend project if you know what you are doing. Go for it and put a flat dump bed on the back. It will be the most practical truck in you yard.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks