• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MTA 2018 OFFICAL SHOW THREAD , Info /buy/Sell/trade/Talk /All :)

emr

Can we please use this thread for all, Conversation's/buy/sell/trade/Anything and ALL...

Please feel personally invited to attend our show, Many people do a ton of work to pull this off, We are not perfect but after 17 years were still doing it, :)

We are there from Thursday ON with 24 hour security, So U can come bring vehicles set up displays etc,

Fred handles Vendors. So that is the only thing we will not handle on this site, mtaofnj.org is our Club site, mtaswapmeet.us is the official SHOW SITE !! There is where You can do the vendor thing. Not here fyi.

Scott. Me ( Randy ) Jim and Andy handle Display / Security / safety / Camping etc.

Camping the fairgrounds charges for camping NOT US We as k U pay for both nights ten bucks , If you hook up to electric it is more. They kill us each year with it, We have lost every year and ask for your support,
( We do NOT get charged for camping wed eve thur eve , FYI ,,, )

Display , You are welcome to set up Thursday with Vehicles, Display field encampments, etc. Please look up one of the guys above. My cell is 973 219 4499, Randy .

The is NO vending ... selling of anything in the parking lot or anywhere, ONLY PAID VENDORS can sell at this event,

BUT We do understand the hobby and You and ALL are welcome to Drop off and swap or pick up things that DEALS ARE ALREADY DONE In the parking lot, We will supply the fork lift for large items even out there,

This is a PRIVATE Function, fairgrounds is a Private entity, We have rented the fair grounds under contract and we have total control from Wed midnight to Sun midnight,

We reserve the right to inspect anything at any time, We reserve the right to remove anyone at anytime ,

This is a FAMILY event and FAMILYS come FIRST ,,, Campers expect quit , and deserve it,

ALL MTA functions are alcohol free, and no yelling or foul language is accepted, If U have some beers after show hours at your camp ground and keep it quit ,, No problem,

You are welcome to help out if you want, We LOVE any and all help from anyone, You do not have to be a member to help set up or wok the show,

We are ALL volunteers and spend a whole year planning this event , Please be patient with us,

We have thousands of people come through the gate and over 1500 on SUNDAY!!!!!!!!! They are our number one reason for safety first,

VEHICLES IDLE SPEED ONLY ON FAIR GROUNDS!!!!!!! LIGHTS ON IS ALWAYS A GOOD POLICY ! WE WILL DO ALL TO PARK YOU SAFELY WITH A GROUND GIUDE!!

During the show that is mandatory.

These rules are the same for 17 years and the same people are running this show, Nothing is different,

Problems ? Call me !! 973 219 4499,, Randy

We want to help, Believe me it is impossible to make everyone happy every year, So please work with us, But we do try :)

There is absolutely NO trading of anything in the display area , very strong on that point, just cant let it happen,

ALL MILITARY VEHICLES WELCOME!!!

ALL FREE , We have judging Saturday... Starts 11 am, If you want to be judged be by your vehicle, Disclaimer ALL Vehicles are not judged, Rust is not military ready LOL ...

Original as used in conflict, original as delivered to the services , BII kits Manuals , Proof , pics of similar vehicles used in service is very cool, Representing your vehicle openly to the public with some sort of display are helpful, I stay far far away from judging anything, Our judges are amazing and very knowledgeable,

Free entry to the show is with a display vehicle, But don't bring in the back loaded LOL ...

Public is $7.00 / Vet or active service WITH ID $5 .00 , Under 12 free, In a FULL Uniform FREE ,,,

The SHOW IS NOT OPEN TO PUBLIC UNTIL SAT * 8 AM !!!!! NO FREE LOADERS PLEASE!!!!! LOL ...

So unless you are bringing a display vehicle are set up for display or a vendor please respect our position,

The vendors are handled by Fred mtaswapmeet.us. Please under stand His rules as they are club rules, Scott and I dont mind if You set up if you know where your spots are, BUT FRED DOES NOT GET THERE UNTIL FRIDAY!!!! So we do not handle that, the show is to big for that ,,

Please feel invited and wanted !!! We LOVE having ALL VEHICLES OF ALL ERAS!!!! But MILITARY ONLY !!!!! :)

Thank You very much !!!!
The Display Team
Scott, randy Jim Andy ...

Last edited:

emr

Sussex County fair grounds, Augusta NJ , April 21/22 :) The web sites are new and have tons of info :) mtaswapmeet.us ,

Hotels Motels on new site in distance order, It is worth the trip , I think we have a vendor from new Mexico .. Many Canadians make the trip !!!!! Remember displays can set up Thursday !!!! :)

Last edited:

emr

A question was ,

How late can I come Friday with a display to set up, And what do I need to fill out ?

Answer :

As long as displays are set up by 7 AM Saturday and ready to stay for 2 days all is good to go, If an emergency comes up and one needs to leave, Please understand it has to wait until after show hours.

There is nothing to fill out, No fees Nothing :) Just come support this amazing Hobby and ALL we do !!

Vehicles for display ARE WELCOME TO COME AND GO ALL DAY EACH DAY !!!! WE WANT YOU TO BE A PART OF THIS EVENT!!

100 Percent of Show profits are donated to , Service personal serving, family Support, Veteran Support, Almost all local to NJ , but not all, We support a Kosavo mission for several years now that started with the NJ Air Wing and they handed us off to the next unit and so on and so on, We Love it, This alone is half of what the show makes,

FYI,, This show takes all year to get it done, We start 1 month after with the , What went right , what needs work meeting,

It cost about $ 25,000 to pull it off, We advertise like you cant believe, that's why we always have at least 4000 walk thru the weekend, We make 4 to 6 thou a year fyi... Hoping for 10 this year !! We have been donating more than we have taken in for a few years and have a new budget in the works...

We are ALL volunteers, No one ever makes a cent off of Anything the MTA does fyi,

We are a legit 501c4 fyi ... Sometimes a person will say, Hey I support troops can I ask for donations at your show, Answer,, Probably no. Why ? First You need NJ tax number and IRS designation to do that,

Just some info

Last edited:

LanceRobson

This is a great show and is on the short list of the ones I make every year. I didn't see a link in the thread to the MTA website so I hope I'm not stepping on any toes.... https://www.mtaswapmeet.com/

I'll be with Ed from The LZ Surplus (Auburn, NY) in six spaces in the Poultry Building (1-2, 7-8, 13-14). If anyone needs something hauled to or from the show and NC (near Winston-Salem) in an enclosed cargo trailer please let me know..... EDIT: I'll also be at the Denton Farm Park event in Denton, NC the week after the MTA show if you need anything dragged to that show..... https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?175714-Denton-2018-Buy-Sell

List of list of junk....err, collectables with a patina I'll be dragging to the show to follow with prices....... But I know I'll have ammo cans....lots and lots of several sizes of ammo cans.....

Lance

Last edited:

emr

Bringing your M V ... Military vehicle just to pick up some stuff !!! Just cause its the best way to travel !!:)) ... YUPPER Puller Her into the display field while U shop !!!!!!!!

acesneights1

I'll be vending again this year under the pavilions. I have a bunch of Deuce stuff I can bring if paid for in advance(large items).
The following items can be brought to the show if paid for in advance.
very clean M35a2 cab with clean doors and window frame. Wiring was preserved. 600$
m939 series hardtop in very poor condition. Best used for a farm truck or if you have nothing. It has a lot of rust and rot but is usable. 150$
m35a2 air shift transfer case 350$
M35a2 air steering setup 1700$
m35a2 cab decent shape. Little rust on bottom of rocker but pretty clean. 200$
10 10.00-20 radials(goodyears I think) on Deuce rims. Nice shape. 1500$
these are large items that I need payment first for. I'll have a lot of smaller stuff so come by OD Customs spot.

HAWKMAN

I'll be in the pavilion and can bring plenty of HUMVEE soft doors (fronts) if anyone is interested in a quantity, also two door soft tops and 2 door rear curtains. Can also bring CUCV parts and 101 A1 trailer w/racks (pre order please).

Jeep Nasty

Will anyone have 120mm or 81mm mortar ammo cans available? If so, how much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
A friend has 5 new HEMMT wheels with O-rings and nuts that he could bring to MTA show at Sussex, NJ if anyone wants them.
For free? or does this need to be in the classifieds? Or rally sell thread

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Vintage iron

WTB a Heavy Tow bar, the square style with feet. PM me with what you have. I will pay for it before Sussex if you can bring it to the show.

LanceRobson

Will anyone have 120mm or 81mm mortar ammo cans available? If so, how much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have one lonely 81mm can and a lot of M2A1/A2 (.50 Cal) cans, SAW PA-108 cans and 40mm PA-120 cans. How does $15 sound for the orphan 81mm can?

And is there anyone coming from Long Island that would consider picking up an 80 pound item in Old Westbury and drag it to the show? If so, please PM me or post here and I'll get you the item info to see if we can work it out.

Thanks

Lance

WWIILBird

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a very good condition MK23 50 cal gun mount with ammo can holder and NOS pin set $475 or $400 without pins.

Lukes_deuce

Lance,

I am close by to Old Westbury and have room on the truck. Shoot me a PM and we can work something out.

Luke

I have one lonely 81mm can and a lot of M2A1/A2 (.50 Cal) cans, SAW PA-108 cans and 40mm PA-120 cans. How does $15 sound for the orphan 81mm can?

And is there anyone coming from Long Island that would consider picking up an 80 pound item in Old Westbury and drag it to the show? If so, please PM me or post here and I'll get you the item info to see if we can work it out.

Thanks

Lance

Lukes_deuce

Im heading to the show from Long Island and can bring a few things I have for sale:

1 high back gray air ride seat
Manufacture - Seats Inc
Model - Heritage Silver.
It has air up and down along with both moveable air rests.
$175
Can send pictures

Goodyear MVT 395/85/20
Very good condition tire, was a spare for my old 5 ton.
$175
Can send pictures

Front rear tandem mud flaps from an m813.
Good condition, no hardware to attach to truck body.
25 each or 40 for both.

I also have an MEP-003a with 635 hours on it.
Ive owned it for 2 years and it has run great but this spring I went to use it and no voltage. I found a short in the exciter wires.

Unit has the following new parts:
New gas tank with new cap
fuel return lines from injectors
New throttle cable
Oil change
All new fuel filters

I dont have the time right now to fix the exciter wires so if someone is looking for a good used MEP003a and doesnt mind doing a little work to have a good unit, then this is your ticket. I can bring to Sussex and load as well.

1000 OBO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks