• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MTA Swapmeet 2016

AZK9

yes sir. heading out about 8am tomorrow. just taking the civy truck tho.(gotta take the army with me)
Due to my schedule, I'm only going to be able to be there on Sunday.
Are you planning to be there overnight, or... will it just be a one day trip for you all?

HELP , if any one is going to be at the show with m54 body parts. I NEED a pair of fenders and battery compartment . I had originally made a deal with a vender on this site for the parts , but I was just informed he did not bring them. I need these parts urgently . Message me if your going to be at the show and have any of these parts !!!!!!!

acesneights1

Been here since Thursday. Spent more than I made...lol but I gotta say the folk here are great. Randy and Scott were super with getting me unloaded and my son made some new friends and is having a great time.

acesneights1

My only issue so far will be when I go home broke tomorrow after telling my wife how much I was gonna make...:)
please stop by and buy some deuce stuff and save a life !!!

acesneights1

Whew, couple last minute sales just got me back about even...get to keep at lest one of my balls....��

AZK9

Worked like crazy the past few days to get the deuce in good shape for the drive up to North Jersey.
Since the weather has been pretty nice in the region recently... I've been able to make some progress.

After checking things out and taking it on a short testdrive on Friday I was feeling pretty good about things.

I started out early this morning for the show. Got 40 of the 185+ miles and began to have 'issues' with
my turn signals. They were working fine until I crossed a very rough stretch of winter damaged road along
a 'shortcut' that helped me to avoid a town full of stop-n-go traffic lights. There were several other vehicles
following the same route, so use of the blinkers was required. Hand signals are difficult when dealing with
'Armstrong Steering' and potentially distracted drivers on smartphones.

At times the blinkers seemed to function properly, then intermittently, but at a point... they stopped completely.
I pulled into an empty 'produce market' parking lot and searched for anything that might indicate a problem.
That's when I realized my radiator was a bigger problem than my turn signal issue. I had previously been aware
of a very tiny 'venting of steam' up along a seam of the tank near the fill cap, but it never seemed to be too bad.
Now it's bad. Well... much worse anyway!

I just could not chance heading any farther away from 'home-base' to make it up to the show today. :sad:
I decided the 370+ mile round trip was just more risk than I ought take at this point.

I'm very disappointed. I had a good list of items I had wanted to get at the event. Had hoped to meet a few
folks there as well. And with the show ending at 3PM today, there's just not enough time to make the trip
worthwhile. I'd probably arrive just to see everyone packing up to leave.

So... I had a problematic 80 mile roundtrip to nowhere on a beautiful Sunday morning. Things could be a lot worse.

I should not be too surprised though... since Murphy has been messing with me all week long. Last minute
schedule changes, civi vehicle problems, etc...

Now... do I add a radiator to my parts list, try a DIY fix, or... pull it and take it to a repair shop? Hummm....

Did I mention it's a beautiful Sunday morning? :wink:

dstang97

I was there thur -Sunday I had such a great time and bought some really cool stuff. Good seeing all my friends year after year.

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very happy with everything this year! Spent a lot and found a couple of surprise deals! Everyone was very helpful across the board!

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In my opinion this was the best MTA show to date. The variety of vendors and military vehicles was impressive. The golf cart parts shuttle service was a big hit. I think he probebly put 100 miles on that golf cart and the loads that were on it....well lets just say they more than a set of golf clubs. It was fantastic to sit and chat with old friends and make new ones to boot. The MTA staff really had this show on point. Looking forward to next year already.[thumbzup]

acesneights1

Worked like crazy the past few days to get the deuce in good shape for the drive up to North Jersey.
Since the weather has been pretty nice in the region recently... I've been able to make some progress.

After checking things out and taking it on a short testdrive on Friday I was feeling pretty good about things.

I started out early this morning for the show. Got 40 of the 185+ miles and began to have 'issues' with
my turn signals. They were working fine until I crossed a very rough stretch of winter damaged road along
a 'shortcut' that helped me to avoid a town full of stop-n-go traffic lights. There were several other vehicles
following the same route, so use of the blinkers was required. Hand signals are difficult when dealing with
'Armstrong Steering' and potentially distracted drivers on smartphones.

At times the blinkers seemed to function properly, then intermittently, but at a point... they stopped completely.
I pulled into an empty 'produce market' parking lot and searched for anything that might indicate a problem.
That's when I realized my radiator was a bigger problem than my turn signal issue. I had previously been aware
of a very tiny 'venting of steam' up along a seam of the tank near the fill cap, but it never seemed to be too bad.
Now it's bad. Well... much worse anyway!

I just could not chance heading any farther away from 'home-base' to make it up to the show today. :sad:
I decided the 370+ mile round trip was just more risk than I ought take at this point.

I'm very disappointed. I had a good list of items I had wanted to get at the event. Had hoped to meet a few
folks there as well. And with the show ending at 3PM today, there's just not enough time to make the trip
worthwhile. I'd probably arrive just to see everyone packing up to leave.

So... I had a problematic 80 mile roundtrip to nowhere on a beautiful Sunday morning. Things could be a lot worse.

I should not be too surprised though... since Murphy has been messing with me all week long. Last minute
schedule changes, civi vehicle problems, etc...

Now... do I add a radiator to my parts list, try a DIY fix, or... pull it and take it to a repair shop? Hummm....

Did I mention it's a beautiful Sunday morning? :wink:
Too Bad, I sold a practically new Deuce Radiator at the show. coulda swapped her in the parking lot.

acesneights1

I have to say this year was great. Randy and Scott were awesome and helped me unload on Friday morning. Everyone was very nice, My son made some new friends and had an awesome time. It's too bad we don't live closer. It was probably the last time me and a few of my show buddies will all be in the same show as two are moving south so it was a bit sad as well. We convoyed back together.
I have to say the weather was perfect and I can't wait till next year. Great Job to the MTA !!

AZK9

Too Bad, I sold a practically new Deuce Radiator at the show. coulda swapped her in the parking lot.
I wish I had been able to get up there, but... I felt the risk of driving the rest of the way was too much.
Sounds like I missed a nice opportunity. [thumbzup]

Looks like I'll have to pull it out and take it to a local shop for repair. Overall... it's in great shape, but
the seam under the tank appears to have a slight gap that needs to be sealed.

BTW... Did you end up making more than you spent? ;)

catskillpond

Had a great time found parts we needed and the golf cart saved my back. Very well run and comfortable atmosphere. Only Complaint SSG Gibbs was the only vendor you could not chisel down but still fare on his merchandise.

bonedoc

I got up there on Sunday for the day. Drove my deuce down. The show was great, weather was perfect. A lot of people walking around and tons of smiling kids seeing the trucks and vehicles!! Got the parts I needed to pick up and a few extras. My only regret is there was a vendor who had several boarding ladders and I should of grabbed one.
Great show....looking forward to the Gilbert show in Sept now.

foxtrk2

show was fantastic arrived thurs afternoon and left noon sun great venders and friends all ready planned for next year thanks to all that enjoyed the nam photos I had displayed

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks