• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MTV door handle

DSD277

Thanks for the lead. I looked at their site and saw something similar, but still different. Some of the info I've gathered over the last few years is that Steyr licensed a US manufacturer to make the cabs (sheetmetal) for S/S ( I don't know the details), and many of the cab components were still Steyr ( quite obvious with the Steyr logo on them) and some little parts have the distinct "Euro" flair to them, or were used on Pinzgauers and Haflingers;). Funny, since the only thing I can see in common between the FMTVs and the Steyr 12M18 (and 21) is the cab.... until the LTAS cabs, then nothing.
Though it is possible that a US manufacturer got the rights to make them, I wouldn't expect them to be able to resale them, hence why I keep looking to Europe (and GL).
My search is just watching for oddities before I need them. It may be I'll never need them, but better to be prepared. :)
Cheers
Dave

DSD277

TehTDK,
I need to check my storage containers more often :)
I found a new (but dirty) LVAD door complete with hardware and glass. I knew I had another door, just forgot how complete it was. :lol:
Now if I find a left hand door , I'd be set.

jpinst

Are you sure that is it? The one above in balck is an OSHKOSH MEHTT/MK48 handle. The tan one you are showing has a lock. Military trucks do not have door locks for obvious reasons.

DSD277

Are you sure that is it? The one above in balck is an OSHKOSH MEHTT/MK48 handle. The tan one you are showing has a lock. Military trucks do not have door locks for obvious reasons.
The FMTVs have lock cylinders in them. A little hard to see here... guess Danny didn't mask off the cylinders before painting:roll:
No biggy, I don't have keys and locking an open cab is pointless:mrgreen:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks