• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MTV door handle

DSD277

Thanks for the lead. I looked at their site and saw something similar, but still different. Some of the info I've gathered over the last few years is that Steyr licensed a US manufacturer to make the cabs (sheetmetal) for S/S ( I don't know the details), and many of the cab components were still Steyr ( quite obvious with the Steyr logo on them) and some little parts have the distinct "Euro" flair to them, or were used on Pinzgauers and Haflingers;). Funny, since the only thing I can see in common between the FMTVs and the Steyr 12M18 (and 21) is the cab.... until the LTAS cabs, then nothing.
Though it is possible that a US manufacturer got the rights to make them, I wouldn't expect them to be able to resale them, hence why I keep looking to Europe (and GL).
My search is just watching for oddities before I need them. It may be I'll never need them, but better to be prepared. :)
Cheers
Dave

DSD277

TehTDK,
I need to check my storage containers more often :)
I found a new (but dirty) LVAD door complete with hardware and glass. I knew I had another door, just forgot how complete it was. :lol:
Now if I find a left hand door , I'd be set.

jpinst

Are you sure that is it? The one above in balck is an OSHKOSH MEHTT/MK48 handle. The tan one you are showing has a lock. Military trucks do not have door locks for obvious reasons.

DSD277

Are you sure that is it? The one above in balck is an OSHKOSH MEHTT/MK48 handle. The tan one you are showing has a lock. Military trucks do not have door locks for obvious reasons.
The FMTVs have lock cylinders in them. A little hard to see here... guess Danny didn't mask off the cylinders before painting:roll:
No biggy, I don't have keys and locking an open cab is pointless:mrgreen:

Attachments