• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MTVR up close

halftrack

halftrack

I have plenty of others from every angle of the truck including interior. Also, the boarding ladder is typically left stowed on the tailgate even though it is removable. Side racks are stowed in the center of the bed underneath. the tailgate is moved forward and attaches to the forward bulkhead of the bed when the truck is made into a flat bed.

halftrack

On the newer trucks they have catwalks behind the cabs rather than just an open area with an exposed drive shaft. makes a nice place for the driver and A driver to put their personal gear.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I purchased a new-in-the-crate MTVR transfer case, and am hoping to use it someday for a project truck. Does anyone have photos, sketches, or diagrams of the hookups (air lines, linkage, etc...) for this transfer case? I've searched everywhere for a copy of the TM but apparently they're not released yet.

sandcobra164

The MTVR's never released the maintenance manuals in TM form that I'm aware of. They used a computer based program called ¨IETM¨ and I don't know if its for public release. I'll see if I can get some basics on the transfer at work tomorrow.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The MTVR's never released the maintenance manuals in TM form that I'm aware of. They used a computer based program called ¨IETM¨ and I don't know if its for public release. I'll see if I can get some basics on the transfer at work tomorrow.
I'd certainly appreciate it, and if you're able to help me, please PM me with how I can reimburse you. Thank you!!

chess

Nice pics I had one but it was burnt to crap. wish I still had it to rebuild it with a cummins ISX and a cascadia cab. For a water truck

Last edited:

rmgill

I like the rear step ladder on the tailgate too. I've been wanting to build something like that for the deuce.

Last edited:
Some of the MTVR's have been in service for close to 15 years already. I too am wondering what the chances of any of these hitting the surplus auctions any time soon is.

Anyone heard any thing lately?

sandcobra164

I'd like for you to read the last Commandant's letter concerning this. We are resetting the fleet of trucks to 0 mile standards at the depot's. The MTVR's have no planned replacement and is a very capable truck for it's assigned role. Unless one is a basket case and not worth rebuilding, I doubt you will see one released anytime soon but I too would love to have one. I drive them on a regular basis and I think they are great!!!.

I'd like for you to read the last Commandant's letter concerning this. We are resetting the fleet of trucks to 0 mile standards at the depot's. The MTVR's have no planned replacement and is a very capable truck for it's assigned role. Unless one is a basket case and not worth rebuilding, I doubt you will see one released anytime soon but I too would love to have one. I drive them on a regular basis and I think they are great!!!.
Hey thanks for chiming in on this with straight up legitimate information as I have heard numerous rumors from various sources and have never actually been able to get a solid answer...until now.

That's awesome you get to drive them on a regular basis. If they ever hit the surplus market, I would be willing to pay...I think lol.

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on buying a 5 ton, but man I sure dream about having an MTVR.

Thanks again for the info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks