• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

muffler

dirtyfingernails

I looked back at previous threads and found a few photos of the NAPA muffler install. And bottleworks sent me some pics too. However, its not clear from the photos how the muffler is attached to the j pipe near the fender. Does the muffler slide over or into this pipe and then gets clamped on? Or is it welded on? I need to add that muffler. I've still got ringing in my ears! Thanks.
Steve

jasonjc

It slides on then clamed or weld on or as I did, take the top pipe off cut the flange off weld to muffler , add remaining pice of top pipe to top of mufffler and clamp on.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FWIW , there is a military precedent, the 757s serving in Germany were fitted with mufflers to keep noise pollution down, lots of driving thru small towns. That truck also had a turboed multifuel engine....

Attachments

SasquatchSanta

dirtyfingernails sez:

I looked back at previous threads and found a few photos of the NAPA muffler install. And bottleworks sent me some pics too. However, its not clear from the photos how the muffler is attached to the j pipe near the fender. Does the muffler slide over or into this pipe and then gets clamped on? Or is it welded on? I need to add that muffler.
Here is a picture showing the way Rosie is plumbed:

Attachments

bottleworks

Re: RE: muffler

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
I agree the truck is meant to run unrestricted kinka like putting a Mustang in Wiffel tree with an ox
One of the advantages of the NAPA muffler is that it does not restrict flow at all. It's a straight through design.

It would be wise to clamp the base. If welded at the bottom, you won't be able to remove it when servicing the truck. I have some more pictures on my iBook...One minute.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks