• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

muffler

dirtyfingernails

I looked back at previous threads and found a few photos of the NAPA muffler install. And bottleworks sent me some pics too. However, its not clear from the photos how the muffler is attached to the j pipe near the fender. Does the muffler slide over or into this pipe and then gets clamped on? Or is it welded on? I need to add that muffler. I've still got ringing in my ears! Thanks.
Steve

jasonjc

It slides on then clamed or weld on or as I did, take the top pipe off cut the flange off weld to muffler , add remaining pice of top pipe to top of mufffler and clamp on.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FWIW , there is a military precedent, the 757s serving in Germany were fitted with mufflers to keep noise pollution down, lots of driving thru small towns. That truck also had a turboed multifuel engine....

Attachments

SasquatchSanta

dirtyfingernails sez:

I looked back at previous threads and found a few photos of the NAPA muffler install. And bottleworks sent me some pics too. However, its not clear from the photos how the muffler is attached to the j pipe near the fender. Does the muffler slide over or into this pipe and then gets clamped on? Or is it welded on? I need to add that muffler.
Here is a picture showing the way Rosie is plumbed:

Attachments

bottleworks

Re: RE: muffler

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
I agree the truck is meant to run unrestricted kinka like putting a Mustang in Wiffel tree with an ox
One of the advantages of the NAPA muffler is that it does not restrict flow at all. It's a straight through design.

It would be wise to clamp the base. If welded at the bottom, you won't be able to remove it when servicing the truck. I have some more pictures on my iBook...One minute.