• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

multifuel conversion

bravo34

this might sound stupid but has anyone ever tried to put a multi-fuel diesel from a deuce in a cucv or jeep or suburban.if not would it even be possible.
i know you would have to upgrade front suspension and axles,t case etc.

area52

Would it be possible? yes anything is possible

Would it be easy or cheap? NO NO NO!

Why would you want to do it? If you want to get the "multi-fuel" effect - almost all diesel engines can run waste motor oil/veggie oil.

jimmy-90

One thing you might be able to do is bob a deuce off really short and adapt a cucv body to it with large pieces of chanel iron like the real old school monster truck guys used to do back in the 80's

OL AG '89

And the naysayers called "them" crazy when "they" announced "they" were headed for the MOON.....
DO IT just because it was said you couldnt or wouldnt!!!!:twisted:

OL AG '89

Who was the first to BOB a duece and WHY did they do it????
because someone told them it wasn't possible....

Come on Guys, the American GI was, and in most cases still the most "creative" indivuals on the earth!!! I say CARRY ON !!!!
Remember the stories about the Jeeps that got "repowered" with the BigBlocks?????
This is just another form of repowering..... might rip the snot out of he truck, but done correctly ...... It will be ONE HECk of a RIDE!!!!

OL AG '89

WOW never thought it would weigh that MUCH!!!!
guess you might want to lift the body.... drop the engine in and just take a torch to whatever gets in the way putting the body back on LOLrofl
probably want to put the duece axles under it as well.....

bigzirb

Just do it!!

I have seen a supercharged 454 in a Nash Metropolitan so you can shoe horn anything with the right amount of finesse (and a torch, BFH, and welder). It was done just to prove it could be done, so I say go for it.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now if there was a little 4 cyl. MF that would be cool. I would not even mind shifting 8 times if I could get 50 miles per.

jimmy-90

Figured I'd post this for inspiration. Somehow this guy has put a Ford power stroke diesel in his jeep. This video is getting pretty popular on the jeep forums. I know there are several power stroke motors and as far as I know they all weigh more than 1000LBS. I didn't think you could do something like that to a jeep since that motor weighs 1/3 or more of what a jeep body and chassis weighs but I was proven wrong lol. There are other videos of people who have put big truck motors into pickups but this is the neatest of them all.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks