• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multifuel Engine Combustion Study

Katahdin

Figured the Alternate Fuels forum is a good home for this.

This 5mb PDF document is a study on multifuel combustion in both spark plug and compression based multifuel engines. It covers the M.A.N. combustion chamber from which the LD-427 and 465 family engines are derived.

Interesting to note that combustion of synthentic based fuels and lubricating oils is mentioned as a required demand for multifuel engines.

This report is written by a "Professor of Combustion" and is very technical-- probably more then you wanted or needed to know. That said, enjoy! :wink:

Attachments

dmetalmiki

Thanks for that titbit

Thank you for that. seems to support STEADY and consistant driving RPMs, which is good for these engines. I drive at 2000 rpm. Never exeed 2250. everything hums allong fine.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saved it. Good thread. Thats 3 thumbs up from me [thumbzup][thumbzup][thumbzup] And 1 rep point, for a good and useful thread. Thanks...Don

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks