• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multifuel Engine Combustion Study

Katahdin

Figured the Alternate Fuels forum is a good home for this.

This 5mb PDF document is a study on multifuel combustion in both spark plug and compression based multifuel engines. It covers the M.A.N. combustion chamber from which the LD-427 and 465 family engines are derived.

Interesting to note that combustion of synthentic based fuels and lubricating oils is mentioned as a required demand for multifuel engines.

This report is written by a "Professor of Combustion" and is very technical-- probably more then you wanted or needed to know. That said, enjoy! :wink:

Attachments

dmetalmiki

Thanks for that titbit

Thank you for that. seems to support STEADY and consistant driving RPMs, which is good for these engines. I drive at 2000 rpm. Never exeed 2250. everything hums allong fine.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saved it. Good thread. Thats 3 thumbs up from me [thumbzup][thumbzup][thumbzup] And 1 rep point, for a good and useful thread. Thanks...Don