• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Must be my lucky day

misupratwin

Sorry if i posted this in the wrong place but i was so happy, I met a local mv'er at my auto repair shop ,He must have notice my deuce ,daily driver. He had a broken winch on his deuce , He offered to give me his old one for installing his new one. I now can turn my wo/w truck into a w/w truck, of course i'll have to find some other parts but ,half the battle has been won. :D Thank you very much Pat.

Attachments

misupratwin

Someone had allowed the winch cable to rap around the drum until it hooked on the bumper and sheared the shear pin, Then they tried to release the winch by the handle on the passenger side of the winch, with a hammer. aua Needless to say the rod that the handle bolts to broke.So i need some parts and pto,pto shaft,handle and so on.

gijoe13

I have a pto and shaft on my truck and no winch. PM me if you want to talk about my pto and shaft. Shipping might be high from maine.

ODdave

Well being your pretty close, I have the bumper extentions from my winch kit if you need to take more mesurments, I also have a drive shaft if you wanna copy it. Im not selling any of it but your welcome to mesurments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone had allowed the winch cable to rap around the drum until it hooked on the bumper and sheared the shear pin, Then they tried to release the winch by the handle on the passenger side of the winch, with a hammer. aua Needless to say the rod that the handle bolts to broke.So i need some parts and pto,pto shaft,handle and so on.
I have that shaft in the scrap metal trailer. Heck, I have the entire end housing.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would it be possible to buy that housing or the shaft ?
Dang skippy you can. No way my work schedule will allow me to pack and ship before Thursday or even weigh it before then but if you want it, you got it. I'll retrieve it Thursday and send some pics. Remind me if you don't see it.

misupratwin

Almost a w/w truck

Just wanted to say hi to everyone , Thank a member (gijoe13) :lol: .Jeff (gave me a great deal, and excellent on shipping) sold me a dual output pto,pto lever, winch driveshaft, (one that i have not seen before) and cable guides

The only thing i'm missing now are the bumper extensions, cable and chain ( i think the winch has 60 ft on it) Winch lever data plate and pto lever lockout. I still need a shaft to fix the winch but half the battle is over.

Does anyone know how many different winch driveshafts they made.Maybe even some pictures

I hope to have some pics tomorrow. Thank you again Jeff , Tim.

gijoe13

Thanks Tim. Glad I could help you out. Hope all that we discussed goes well for you!!! Remember to post some pictures when you get everything up and running. Jeff

misupratwin

Some Part Pictures

I should have pictures of the broken winch tomorrow. I found some bumper extensions , But they cut them off with a torch.,well i guess thats what the made torches and welders for.
P.T.O studs should be in tomrrow.

Hopfully i will have some progress soon.

Attachments

jasonjc

That rod breaks real easy. I broke mine with my hand. Mephis has them if any one else needs one. And for the extension some were made of just welded steel. So making a set could be "right". One of my truck has that type of extension if you need pic's.

misupratwin

Today i disassembled part of the winch to see what was need to repair it, New seals are needed of course. I did find that the bearing that goes behind the input shaft is missing.

I need the part number for that bearing, or a source that has one.

I also found that the brake drum is cracked.

I thought i include pictures of my hacked up bumper extensions.

Attachments