• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV Convoy on US Rt. 20 East coast to West coast

JeepMan

Re: MV Convoy US Rt 20 coast to coast

jatonka said:
Todayis the 5th of August, we just lost a vehicle, the M35A2 with M105 trailer just went down, Engine all gummed up with thick crud terrible on dipstick , on the rocker arms, couldn't drain the oil, too thick, won't come out. Coincidentally,this truck is running on 100% waste vegetable oil. I don't know the answer and don't have time to hypothesize right now but you all know what I think happened.
Are you thinking the fats in the oil more than the oil itself?

5tonpuller

Bob made it home with no problems. At the NY line he needed fuel and put the Bio in it. Made it the rest of the way home and had no problems. He says he changed the oil before he left on the trip. Some thing about army oil he bought some place he said, and something about bad oil. The oil in it now has not changed. Im not sure. But he will be on his way back out in the morning with the car. Witch way he is going he was not sure. I ran 1/2 mix in mine and had no problems at all for 2 years. Who ever knows what happened. Travel safe you guys.

wtrout

Bob Howard update;
Bob replace his engine the last 2 days and left This morning around 5 am; took Rt 80
back home. Received a call from Bob around 18:30 hrs " Was home safe and sound truck ran fine 50-55 MPH @ 2300 rpm.

jatonka

US Rt. 20 Convoy to Oregon

We are now in Burns, Oregon in the High Desert about one day out of Newport, Oregon and the Pacific Ocean. We are ahead of schedule and can spend a couple days on the beach and a day at McMinnville to see Howard Hughes Spruce Goose. We'll be at the MVPA convention on Aug 14 and 15. Then on through Oregon, Washiington, and Montana to the Litlle Big Horn Battlefield where the Custer massacre took place, then down to Maccus's place to see crazy Horse and Mt Rushmore. Then we head east on US 30 toward Indiana to see Some Medic. Then we gotta go home. Trucks are doing well. Guys are fine, this is a real trip. JT out

BobM

Before you arrive at the Little Bighorn Battlefield you will be very near Pomey's Pillar off US 94. This is the only site left that shows evidence of the Lewis and Clark voyage across America. William Clark carved his name and the date on this large outcrop.
Maybe it is too corny for you, but since you are only about 30 miles away...... :lol:

Deuce_of_Spades

John T,
I'm liiking forward to meeting you at the Portland show. Maybe you could show me in person how to install your fuel filter adapter that I baught. Glad you deceided to come out west and visit us!

YankeeDuece

At 1600hrs EST. JT made the Pacific. The "Ghost Convoy" is currently relaxing at the VFW/Viet Nam Vets Memorial in...I forgot.

Anyway, they have not had any further mechanical problems and thank all that helped.

John said he will post tonight when he gets time.

P.S. Maccus he will contact you direct this evening.

jatonka

Hello all, We have deposited the Atlantic Ocean water in the Pacific Ocean at 4:30 PM Pacific Time today. We are heading for Tillamook Air Museum and the Spruce Goose in McMinnville tomorow at 7:00 am and then on to Portland for the evening. I am looking forward to meeting Ruppster and the Alaska club members and offer my congratulations on their getting trucks to Portland and their adventure home, there is nothing like a convoy of HMVs to spread the word to young and old of our patriotic hobby. We will be on site by morninng of the 14th. We are the NY-Penn and COMVec contingent rom the East Coast. If we are first in, Maybe the MVPA will let us be a check in station for the Steel Soldiers members. I should have wifi when we get to the site and will begin posting if they allow it. JT out

jatonka

MV Convoy US Rt. 20 Coast to Coast

Today's update on our convoy, I did not have wifi at the convention in Portland, met Military Restorations (Todd) there and a couple of other great people who are Steel Soldiers and due to my affliction, I can't remember their names :oops: We left the convention about 4 pm Thursday and headed East into Washington State to follow the Lewis and Clark trail US Rt. 12, toward Montana and Custer's Battlefield at the Little Bighorn River. The trip over took 3 days and it is some of the most beautiful country I have seen. We are now camping in Hardin,MT and will see the battlefield tomorrow. We are planning a meet up with Maccus tomorrow afternoon or Tuesday morning. Trucks are doing well, oil change is planned for very soon. I need to change the right front brake shoes, and a lube job. I have been getting about 9 miles a gallon with the M105 trailer loaded behind me. I'm satisfied, hoped for better. Lots of mountains in this nation. JT out

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks