• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mv magazine with art. about adding turbo

forklift

does anyone no were I could get this article that I've heard about that shows how to add turbo to a non turbo? Also, I was talking to my wifes uncle today and he was comander of amotor division of some sort in Vietnam. He told me that he thought the deuces had a governor that would not allow you to run the engine at too high an RPM. I just got my truck and as I posted in another message, I drove back at about 55mph and I think over 2500 RPMS(maybe close to 2800). Any insite. I really don't want to blow my truck up. I guess while I'm asking, how would a turbo effect this? thank you, jake

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I run my converted (N/A to turbo) at 2,500-2,600 for hours at a time and it loves it. Got close to 10,000 miles on it, much at this rpm over the last 18 months.
If you wanr a pdf copy of the article, send me your email addy.

houdel

According to PS-28, the Multi Fuel Operators Guide, the max RPM for the multifuel engine is 2600 RPM.

You can and should download a copy of PS-28 from the Technical Manuals sections. It has some neat AND important information, such as checking the fuel filters for water and doing a hydrostatic lock test BEFORE starting your multifuel engine.

You DO do a hydrostatic lock test every time you start your multifuel, don't you?

The design of the LDT fuel system and head gaskets is such that under the right conditions, fuel and/or coolant can seep into the cylinders while the engine is not running. Trying to start your multifuel engine without doing a hydrostatic lock test may result in very loud and expensive noises coming from your engine!

forklift

I pretty sure you want more than I paid for my deuce. If you come up with a bargain basement deal, or maybe some factory seconds.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks