• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mv magazine with art. about adding turbo

forklift

does anyone no were I could get this article that I've heard about that shows how to add turbo to a non turbo? Also, I was talking to my wifes uncle today and he was comander of amotor division of some sort in Vietnam. He told me that he thought the deuces had a governor that would not allow you to run the engine at too high an RPM. I just got my truck and as I posted in another message, I drove back at about 55mph and I think over 2500 RPMS(maybe close to 2800). Any insite. I really don't want to blow my truck up. I guess while I'm asking, how would a turbo effect this? thank you, jake

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I run my converted (N/A to turbo) at 2,500-2,600 for hours at a time and it loves it. Got close to 10,000 miles on it, much at this rpm over the last 18 months.
If you wanr a pdf copy of the article, send me your email addy.

houdel

According to PS-28, the Multi Fuel Operators Guide, the max RPM for the multifuel engine is 2600 RPM.

You can and should download a copy of PS-28 from the Technical Manuals sections. It has some neat AND important information, such as checking the fuel filters for water and doing a hydrostatic lock test BEFORE starting your multifuel engine.

You DO do a hydrostatic lock test every time you start your multifuel, don't you?

The design of the LDT fuel system and head gaskets is such that under the right conditions, fuel and/or coolant can seep into the cylinders while the engine is not running. Trying to start your multifuel engine without doing a hydrostatic lock test may result in very loud and expensive noises coming from your engine!

forklift

I pretty sure you want more than I paid for my deuce. If you come up with a bargain basement deal, or maybe some factory seconds.....