• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV of the Month Nominations December 2014

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The way things are going, maybe we vote on 10?
Well.,.. The ADMIN (patracy) started out having 10 nominations and several folks complained that was not enough so he doubled the count to twenty.

Now we're banging our heads on the wall trying to get 20 folks to nominate their vehicle or even some other member's.aua

Out of 50K + members you would think 20 per month would think enough of their MV to give it a little recognition....but that's just my opinion.2cents

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
More filler

My 1987 USAF M35A2C. Her name is "Bismarck" as she has a bent frame and tracks to the left.

01.jpg

zout

Due to the above issue I even tried just to add to the count without ever considering about votes on it less winning with it - just to get to the point where we can at least vote for the most interested to get theirs in to get them start BS'ing about them to get votes for them. I like the "selling" more than anything - lie - cheat - steal - kiss babies - call on folks you have no idea who they are to vote on you ( I only know that fact from vicious rumors that it might have happened) - put things in with your pic that are fake (like your sisters next to your truck - also heard some do that as well).

BUT - we are not far away from 2015 to re-look at the rules to make this more target friendly.

WTG Warthog - all ya Oklahoma folks sit to the left in the cab anyhow :)

sandcobra164

I'll nominate my run of the mill M35A2. It's made the trip for 4 of the 5 SSGR's and it's a heck of a runner. It's also towed other trucks and trailer's off MCLB Albany but it's Proudest moment was when it drove along with the Funeral Procession for LCPL Steve Sutton, a local HomeTown Hero who signed the check that everyone has to sign before becoming a member of an Elite Corps of Veterans. He cashed it and he's no longer with us in the flesh. God Bless his Soul. This truck also just completed the Leesburg Ga Christmas Parade. It should not win as I'm sure there are nicer truck but I'll toss it up there anyways!!!

Attachments

sandcobra164

I should also say Thanks to ClintoGF Ms. Dawn for a nice top and BKUBU Mr. Bruce for a Very Nice Cargo Cover. They were both on the truck for the aforementioned Funeral Service ride to make this truck look great. That particular day was certainly a tear jerker. I was good until I got down to the family members lining the last turn into the Cemetary. They didn't know what to say and neither did I. I was just Happy that I did what I did. PB, this is simply what Joey named it when he first saw it, "Big Trucks".

3dAngus

I'm not familiar with what has been done in the past, but always admired Storm 51's M-37.
If that hasnt been nominated or selected previously, I would like to throw it in the hat. I have emailed him with the question and for pictures. If it has already been run through here, just delete this post.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
14 and a maybe 15 (pending pics from 3dAngus)[thumbzup]

Two days left mens and wimmens!! Get you favorite MV nominated so the fun and games can commence!!:papabear:

3dAngus

Sorry PB, I'm trying. He hasn't read his PMs yet.
He has about 28 pictures of his restoration on line under his name in his album, but none are the finished product.
If you get 20, no problem, There is always next month. I always enjoy seeing the M-37s.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks