• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV of the Month Nominations December 2014

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow! A Class Act:

- Curious; what makes it hybrid?
[SIZE=-1]Some late-model M3s were fitted with turrets lacking cupolas, but these turrets did not have a basket or power traverse. These tanks had the 37mm gun M6 in the gun mount M23, but production facilities could not get switched over to installing the turret basket and power traverse mechanism fast enough. The British dubbed these tanks Stuart Hybrid, as they were an amalgamation of the light tanks M3 and M3A1.

from http://afvdb.50megs.com/usa/m3stuart.html
[/SIZE]

3dAngus

OK, PB, Pictures are now in...
I wish to nominate Storm 51's work and MV for the M37/M42 Command Truck. I'll campaign for this later as per your request. Thanks.

Attachments

oztankboy

"What makes it Hybrid?" Well a Hybrid is the cross over from a M3 to a M3A1. The main differences being:- M3A1 turret but no turret basket and usually had the early gun mount, no aux-gen, most retained the riveted angular rear armour tail piece, co-drivers front hatch retained 2 holding open struts, retained the driver and co-driver side pistol ports. Some of the very last Hybrids did have a few more of the M3A1 features as I do know of at least one with the rounded rear tail armour.

Phil...

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
There's a quota!?
Actually, I don't care if there are 5 or 30 nominations. The ADMIN set it at 20 because some folks complained that 10 nominations was too few.

I guess if we don't get 3 more nominations today before the ADMIN starts the "VOTE" thread...then 17 will be the number.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks