• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV RV/Camper Conversion - Pics, Info

unclemikey

oldMan99

Found a few more pics that I think may help you out with the stair plateform and stairs. The plateform just folds down from the side of the unit. I think you can make that out as to how it works. The stairs are just off a pick-up type camper and store in the storage compartment in the trailer. I will try to post some pics as to how it is put up aslo.

P. S. I glad you guys like it. The guy that built this unit comes up with all kinds of cool little things, this is just one of them. :idea:

Attachments

jesusgatos

Thanks. It's really the fold-out platforms that I like so much. I had thought about doing something like that along the sides of my truck and/or trailer, but it didn't occur to me to stagger the heights like that.

oldMan99

oldman99

The inverted V was a coalition force identification marker on all vehicles during desert storm
:idea::idea: Yeah, OK, I'm a retard...lol. I knew I had seen that symbol "somewhere" before, my old brain cells just could not run fast enough to get the info from the memory bank....

Thanks....

Uncle Mike: Pretty cool that your truck "was there". Wish it could talk, probably has some good stories to tell, but then I bet a lot of this old iron would have some amazing stories.....

And thanks for posting those extra pics!

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, here's a few pics of what I call the combat camper. (which of course has to include a reloader).

It also has a fridge, sink, stove, microwave, solar panels that charge 4 deep cycle batteries (also charged off a equalizer from the truck) and I've added a generator compartment where the pioneer rack/spare tire used to be. It has hot and cold water from tanks under the bed and holds all my camping stuff (camo netting, cleanup tools, etc) for a quick getaway to the desolate area of my choice.

Edit: added pics for the gen compartment and some new pics of inside.

Attachments

Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I invited myself up inside Bad Carps M109 a couple Dirtbags ago. It is indeed a nice set up.

unclemikey

Bad Carp,

WOW.........That is really nice! Very clean layout. You did one really super job there my friend. [thumbzup][thumbzup] It would hard pressed to get something nicer than that!

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks good too, love the clean gen setup. Thanks.
Thanks,

Ok, now here's the funny part of building the gen rack/enclosure. Did it for $0. Took an old metal fence and some scrap sheets of steel and bolted/welded the thing together. First time welding too (probably why I used bolts to secure to frame and the pre-existing hangers for the Pioneer rack).

Quite happy with the way it turned out, used to have to carry the gen in the camper and then drag it out. Now it is secure, already hooked up and can be started by remote from in the camper.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this is an old thread but thought this would fit in well here. I certainly like Bad_Carp's M109 but this one looks a little more comfy. Of course I'm sure the price difference includes a couple of zeros.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3246096/Forget-camper-vans-meet-camper-TANK-18-tonne-585-000-vehicle-looks-ideal-people-like-holidaying-outdoors-warzone.html

Attachments

turnkey

Great build....made one pop up for a 67 chevy truck....This last time used a chevy 1 ton...Bare bed built a flat bed out 1 inch est grade plywood and 1/4 sheet steel..Cut the toung and axles off a 14 foot jayco camper...mounted it on the bed using 1 inch thread bolts...There you go....great set up...Did that in 1972....I really like the rig you made ...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks