• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MVO 6.2 Diesel ?

ricksherryjosh1

Hey guys been reading some mixed information on WVO and WMO and diesel engines. So just trying to clear some information up. I was looking for more WMO and found a good source of WVO. Some say 50/50 with diesel, some say I can go WVO with 15% of unleaded gas. I also read 30/70 kerosene. guys I am new to the brewing and would love to learn from others trial and errors.
I know it needs to be thin enough to not gel, but also not burn to hot.

Thanks

max1008

My 1028 runs better on it. I mix 60 diesel 40 motor oil/trans fluid/vacuum pump oil/hyd oil.
I let it sit in a drum for a week or so, then run it through a filter using gravity. I got my filter part number from another thread on this site.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ran about 40% WVO in my 99 F350. No problems, make sure you filter it well. Make sure of your WVO source too; you don't want "hydrogenated" VO. That means it has water in it.

ricksherryjosh1

Also don't want to loose the topic, but also looking for some information on filter system and pump systems (i am guessing i need a 110v and a 12v pump). From what I am reading filter it several times, and that it would be a good idea to add an extra screw on filter to the vehicle?

max1008

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/alternative-fuels/79728-napa-part-numbers-wmo-filter-set-up.html

Lots of reading, you will find part numbers and bases on there. I do not use a pump for filtering. I have 55gal containers mounted above my filter and I rely on gravity so that the oil does not blow through the filter.

I only use a hand pump to pump into my fltering container. My spigot is mounted approx 5 gal above the bottom the container so that any big particles/water will fall to the bottom and never go through my filter.

chevyCUCV

I have run WMO before, at any percentages over 50 i got coking of the injectors(poor spray pattern resulting in poor combustion= white smoke out the tailpipe)
Also lost all of my gp tips,

I think that some higher pop pressures for the injectors will help it spray.

Run it as additive (low amount % wise) unless you are willing to clean and/or replace your injectors.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It might also be wise to throw a few huge magnets in the bottom of your 55 gallon drum or holding tank. Neodymium magnets work the best from my experience and are a dime a dozen on e-pay.

camp9

One thing I haven't heard anyone use or try on a 6.2 are injector line heaters. I use them on my 7.3 and 12v cummins with good results. I need to try it next year on a spare engine and see what happens.

cuffnstuff

So, if you filter used motor oil well enough you can just mix it with your deisel and it wont damage your engine? I have a M1010 all stock, and have tons of used motor oil i can get for next to nothing, and am new to alternative fuels.