• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MVPA 2012 Alaska Highway Convoy

Kasper31

18:00 Monday,,,update

The returning fellows are headed for Grand Rapids, Mn. tonight,,,they will try to get into

Wisc. / Mich. state line tomorrow evening. It's slow going with the M-37 speed setting the

pace at 42 MPH.

Amer-team

1st Sgt. Gifford and Mike (New Zealand) made it home yesterday, Washington State. the CCKW ran fine for the final leg. We had them over for dinner tonight and wished Mike well. He is off to New Zealand tomorrow. He was very complimentary of the whole adventure. Hope the rest of you make the final leg in good shape as well.

Kasper31

09:00 Tuesday up-date
The Mich. fellows are in Superior, Wisc. this morning looking for repair parts, if they can get the haul trailer repaired today they'll be home tomorrow evening.

Kasper31

17:15 Tues. up date
The Jackson fellows are back on the road with the haul trailer repaired and loaded up,
with everything going good they should be home sometime tomorrow evening.

Kasper31

22:45 Tuesday up-date
Just talked to them, they're on 28 just east of 45 for the night, will start out early in the morning and planon being home early ? evening tomorrow. :driver: a couple tired guys !!! Just think of the stories that can be told about the trip.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
22:45 Tuesday up-date
Just talked to them, they're on 28 just east of 45 for the night, will start out early in the morning and planon being home early ? evening tomorrow. :driver: a couple tired guys !!! Just think of the stories that can be told about the trip.
Yea, just the stories about the trailer from ****!

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This was one trip I would have given a lot to be on. Somehow missed the postings during the actual trip, too much to do here and not enough money to throw everything down and join the convoy. Getting sentimental here looking at old pics of that road.

I have a special request. I went through several pages of posting, but I did not see much about the middle part of the trip in Northern BC. For those of you who were on the trip, anybody has any pics or stories about passing Toad River Lodge Mile 422? Or the Liard Hotsprings about 2 hours further on the road?

I spent 6 months there, and once I will get back there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks