• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MVPA 2012 Alaska Highway Convoy

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WWII MV Convoy

We have ten videos of the various groups heading out from Dawson Creek and will make them available real soon.

Here's a video of 70 year old trucks heading up the road on a convoy that may look similar to those convoys, 70 years ago.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6ikzDnLmWQ&feature=youtu.be[/media]

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great updates and photos, keep them coming. Some of those 5 ton and 2.5 ton RV conversions deserve a write up. Hopefully our SS members in the convoy are spreading the word about the site to non-members.

Just this convoy related news story in the Fairbanks local news (Newsminer). Fairbanks Daily News-Miner - entry Military convoy due in Alaska but Fairbanks isn t on itinerary

Seems some in Fairbanks feel left out since the convoy isnt ending there. The writer references the cold reception (no pun intended) the 50 year convoy received in Fairbanks as a reasonfor skipping it for the 70th.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MVPA Convoy Videos

A bunch of short, un-edited clips of the MVPA pulling out of Dawson

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWKY_Mx0nQg&feature=youtu.be[/media][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrfPwQut5m0&feature=youtu.be[/media][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy4U7K8itnY&feature=youtu.be[/media]
MVPA Alaska Highway Convoy 2012 WWII MV's Group 4 - YouTube

Last edited:

Amer-team

Got a report from the 1st Sgt. tonight. The 43 CCKW is performing well. They are in Dawson City. Approx 65 vehicles made it for this adventure. He only had one problem so far and that was falling asleep and running off the road. Fortunately he went into the cleared right of way with no ditch. They think there may have been a bit of Carbon monoxide to blame as he had a leaky exhaust manifold, which has been repaired. Only one day of rain so far and a temp of about 37 at night a couple nights ago. They made it to the artic circle for pictures yesterday. He thinks he will be out of cell phone range for a week or so. Keep them in your thoughts for a safe journey.

Amer-team

Got a call from 1st Sgt. Gifford today and they are either close to the apex of the trip or started on the downward leg. I think he said tomorrow there was going to be a celebration at the end of the road that was built back in 1942. things are going well for most, but it appears that one jeep developed some mechanical trouble that caused it to be trailered. His and the other CCKW on this mission are doing well.

natem

We have some Michigan guy's broke down in Moosejaw. they lost a hub and wheel on the goose neck trailer. I believe they are trying to get to Minot for repair. If help is needed I'll let everyone know.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Moosejaw

Broke down in Moose Jaw.......If it's Moose Jaw Saskatchewan and not somewhere by Chicago, just a few miles East is Regina and one of the best troops around.

I'll PM you some contact info Natem and I'm only 9 hrs out if I can do something.....I need an excuse to get away.

Kasper31

Natem
I talked to the troops, they are headed for ( Devils Lake, N.D ) for the night, and wiill go to Grand Forks, N.D in the morning. TSC in Minot, N.D didn't have any parts for that hub / wheel assy. It'll be around 9:++ when they get into Devils Lake. They need a hub and bearings possably may need an axle.

natem

Well we gave it a shot...........lets hope they can find the parts soon.

Next time you talk to them let em know were all pullin for em.

If any one in the area knows of a good trailer dealer or parts outlet please pass it along.

Believe me these fellas have spent enough time in the M37, lets get them home.

Nate

Kasper31

Will do,,,if they get into Grand Forks in the morning is are there any members around Grand

Forks or Fargo that know where they can get parts or help them out. Since the trailer is

broke they are driving both vehicals so the going is slow with the M-37 in the lead, if there

is anyone in that area please give us a heads up so we can get'm home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks