• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MVPA Show in Huntsville, AL

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Hummmm.......we should be able to sneak you in but call me tomorrow (my number is in one of my classified ads) and I'll make sure.

That info may be posted on the MVPA website but I didn't read it either.
Just tried the MVPA site for info...found it in "Upcoming Events" but could not navigate the site...it's either down, absolutely worthless...like another MVPA site:)whistle:), OR...I'm a friggin idiot!!

Er...wait...don't comment on that! :roll:

Spook556

Here's what I got from the site:

Thursday 28 June

7:30 am Vendors Early Access to Swap Meet & Vehicles

8:00 am - 5:00 pm Swap Meet & Vehicle Display Open

Friday 29 June

8:00 am - 5:00 pm Swap Meet & Vehicle Display Open

Saturday 30 June

8:00 am - 4:00 pm Swap Meet & Vehicle Display Open
Looks like Vendors get early access Thurs-Saturday; everybody else gets in at 8AM. But I could be wrong. It has been known to happen. :cool:

-Spook

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The convention will be open to non-MVPA members on Saturday only, $8.00 at the door.
Questions:

1. Will they have a member list handy, as I am not sure where my membership card is (I am current).

2. I assume clintogf and my Father (non-MVPA members) will be due the $8......... they aren't counted with me I assume.......... (always have to ask).

Gracias!

Bill W

Dang you and your camera WM
I just got done booking a room and will be there Saturday, now to tell the wife she was right that I would cave in and go at the last minute @%$#!! Anybody looking for a nice 5 ton frt bumper?

Last edited:

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Somehow Dad forgot this weekend was the convention and now has commitments he can't break.

So clintogf and I will be leaving home around 4:30/5am and hope to be there around 9am.

See everybody there!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
More vehicles and vendors moved in today including a SCUD missile launcher.

Elmo and Ellie Mae were reunited (Elmo pulled guard duty in the M927 last night) and are shacking up in the center tonight.

There are some colorful characters here.

Here are some pics,

Attachments

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Huntsville MVPA show

:p Just got back to the room , great show , picked up a few items already , We are doing the Redstone tour in the AM , then back to the show and hook up with the Waterloo, AL. crowd . we plan on staying till sat , and head back home . Convention center is very nice , very COLD , as it was over 100 today !

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Convention center is very nice , very COLD , as it was over 100 today !
Temps are expected to bust 100 for the next few days.

We are hoping for a big civilain crowd Saturday (the only day open to the public).

I did an interview with a local TV station today (channel 31 I think) and I stressed that it would be a cool place to spend the day with the family looking at vintage military vehicles.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was poking along the tables at the show when I spotted a couple of 'possums on one of them. Finally have a face to put with the Wreckerman name! A pleasure meeting you sir, and getting to chat with some of the folks I have met at previous shows.
Good fun so far, and it's just Day 1. ;-)

Cheers

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All right you guys quit screwin' around and post some pics from today! I'm sitting here on my lunch break and was hoping for more updates.
(Like anyones gonna top the missle launcher!

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
We're walking out the door (holy moly it's early!).

Be there in a bit.

:jumpin:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
ELMO HAS GONE MISSING,
Not sure if Elmo thought the GIMPESTER was going to show up, on maybe being held for RANSOM, WM is VERY, VERY UP SET, he accosted me first thing this morning when I got there, told me I look GUILTY, said it would have to be a low down no good rat (sorry ment possum) snatcher, and that I was the FIRST of a very select few that fit that description.,

No I do not take Elmo, never thought a possum could mean so much to someone, maybe Elmo is more than a every day possum, more like a STRESS RELEIF possum

When I left about 11:00 hrs, WN was walking around muttering something about LOCKING DOWN the whole place, so a search could be done.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks