My 1971 Am General m109a3 RV build

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lots of progress has been made in the last week and a half. I got 11 brand new 9r20 power king super traction hd tires will all new tubes for the truck. I wanted a more aggressive stock tire to keep the same power and torque but also have better traction. I broke all 11 tires down and sanded and primed and painted them and reassembled. Fuel tank came in and put brand new gaskets and fuel sending unit in the tank. Checked for leaks and no issues. Tank is squeaky clean. Painted the tank. The truck turns amazing with the 9r20 radials, just like my cargo does with g177 tires. Excited to get it finished up and take it for a spin.

Attachments

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
May I ask what your reasoning is for keeping the 9.00-20 tire size? I have had them on my truck originally, driven it long distance that way and I would never go back after changing to 11.00R20 size. The lower rpm alone are worth it for me.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

frank8003

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lots of progress has been made in the last week and a half. I got 11 brand new 9r20 power king super traction hd tires will all new tubes for the truck. I wanted a more aggressive stock tire to keep the same power and torque but also have better traction. I broke all 11 tires down and sanded and primed and painted them and reassembled. Fuel tank came in and put brand new gaskets and fuel sending unit in the tank. Checked for leaks and no issues. Tank is squeaky clean. Painted the tank. The truck turns amazing with the 9r20 radials, just like my cargo does with g177 tires. Excited to get it finished up and take it for a spin.
You the Busy |Beaver
Got to be a prize on here someplace for that effort that fruitful

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
May I ask what your reasoning is for keeping the 9.00-20 tire size? I have had them on my truck originally, driven it long distance that way and I would never go back after changing to 11.00R20 size. The lower rpm alone are worth it for me.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I wanted to keep the original size because I will be towing a trailer with the build. Wanted the truck to have the same torque and power while towing up grades. The new tires are a heavier ply then the stock tires and have more aggressive look while still giving me a radial tread for longer tread life. I have 11r20s g177s on my cargo truck and also wanted a different look. Im not worried about top end speed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks