• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My 5 Ton continues to earn its keep!!

jd-ford-hd

Thanks Climber for adding the photos! 30 years ago I would be up there with you, now it feels ok just to sit in the operators seat. Your photos prove that some people really earn their pay!! Just like the brave men and women in our military who literally put their life on the line daily! We thank you.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Those are some pretty cool toys ya got. I always seem to run out of stick on my crane boom(5ton wrecker), HEHE!

rednckii

When did you get the trailer i dropped off a couple few years ago in portsmouth for turn in. Wish i could of had the things ive turned in there couple trailers, a deuce fuel truck, a few water bowls and various other cese.

jd-ford-hd

When did you get the trailer i dropped off a couple few years ago in portsmouth for turn in. Wish i could of had the things ive turned in there couple trailers, a deuce fuel truck, a few water bowls and various other cese.
The trailer in the pics above is a civilian. Liddell Birmingham, 50 Ton detach that I bought new in 1987..!

Cgaengineer

Nice tower pictures.

Glad to see that the 5 ton is helping out in the tower business. Draging concrete buildings and assiciated materials to moutain tops is not easy work.

Here are a few pictures from the top end of the tower and one that we stacked a while back.

Antenna changeout at 320 ft, stacking a 260 ft guyedtower and microwave antenna changeout at 560ft.
Awesome pictures!

saddamsnightmare

January 21st, 2012.

Remember boys, those rocky crags out west are only mountains by the virtue they are one-third the age of the Appalachians.... The Rockies won't amount to very much when they are that age either.... And Applachian Mountain mud and clay could make you all quite stuck very fast, as it isn't always rocks your truck is climbing on.fat lady sings

mightyhammer

They may be younger(not sure why that is relevant), but I could still take you to goat trails that would make you pee like a little girl in fear! You don't have spring break up either. Our frost layer goes down to 2 feet or more and when that lets loose your little red sticky mud is more like a minor inconvenience! No contest:shock:

mightyhammer

By the way I mean this lighthearted and just funnin around. Some here have very thin skin and get their panties in a wad when I'm just funnin' Please don't be offended. I know that mountains and mud are scary everywhere as being tiny little humans we pale in comparison on the grand scheme. Just havin some fun, and I think it is pathetic that I need a disclaimer everytime I rib someone a little bit here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks