• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My 818 Boat

LanceRobson

When fording an M578 retriever we learned to check the water depth by having one crewman stand out on the front deck and hold onto the crane boom. He used a spare antenna marked for the height of the engine air intakes to check the depth as we crept into the crossing. It save us from grief more than once.

Lance

davidkroberts

you know some of us have a little voice in the back of our head that tells us some things are probably a bad idea. Im glad to see that you dont pay any attention to it, makes for a more intresting post.....:mrgreen:

dc3coyote

You rock. Knowing that theres going to be more people like you at the rally, really makes me want to come. When I do get home we need to go wheeling.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

That had to be one of those "Hold my beer and watch this" moments.

My harebrained scheme of the week is to buy two of those 10,000 gallon fuel bladders...lash them on each side of a duece.....inflate them and see if I can make an improvised DUKW.

When I was at Fort Benning my unit had two M916's and lowboys.

Whenever the Bradley Commanders Course was doing their swimming exercise we would have to stand by to pull out any that didn't "swim (which was pretty often).

They would put up the swim vane and the protective collar (don't remember the technical term) and slowly enter Victory Pond and attempt to cross to the other side.

We would always offer them the option of hooking the cable to the pintle hitch and we would pay out the cable till they got to the other side...if they sank we just reeled them in.

If they passed on the hook up and sank the Tank Command would have to dive in and hook the cable up under water.

We would take a cooler and make a day out of watching those officers get wet.

Yep....we need you at the GA Rally. Anybody with that kind of talent is welcome[thumbzup].

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
wow that must have been cool going in... err down that is .. and yes i know you have more pics ... so please toss them in :driver:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I gotta go to the Ga Rally now, even if I don't have a MV. Just to watch Ferro and ca1517 play follow the leader in dueling M818's. See who gets stuck the worse!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks